Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Blind versus blind situation

Old
Blind versus blind situation - Wed Jan 08, 2014, 12:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011

Im assuming we are getting crushed if he bets?
Do I expect get two streets of value if I cbet turn?
Is it better to bet, check, bet?

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 03:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi morduk,

No reads on villain? I wouldn't assume we are beat if we check. But I do think our hand is only good for 3 streets of value generally, even blind v blind, on such a dry flop. We are not going to get credit for an ace just because we c-bet the flop though, with a wide SB range this flop actually misses our perceived range a lot. I'm inclined to bet the turn, because he can have a lot of flop calls that improve on this turn by making a worse pair or a draw, and also a number of hands we could barrel this card that aren't strong, like KJ/KT/JT.

One read that would be nice to have is 3b vs. steal... at this stake I'd assume it's not high until I see differently, but at higher stakes it's not uncommon to see TAGs and LAGs with very high 3b vs steal %'s... against one of those types I would probably check the turn quite often since they rarely have an ace in this spot as they would 3B most aces... big ones for value and rag ones for resteals with a blocker. Which means their flop range is weighted towards 9x and floats + the occasional 66. Unless their float hit a Q they probably can't call another bet, but may well take a stab themselves if we check, so against this type bet/check/bet is a nice line imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com