Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl zoom AA vs utg open

Old
2nl zoom AA vs utg open - Thu Jan 09, 2014, 04:18 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

35/17 wtsd 47 (after the hand was played)
56 hands

I was worried about his utg opening range on that board, not sure he has a lot of KT, or second pairs that will call 3 streets. I was planning to bet/fold the turn, and checked the river because it looked like it's too thin to bet.
What do you think?

Old
Thu Jan 09, 2014, 04:57 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
I wouldnt be too afraid he had KT
Ace Ten would be nasty but calling a 3bet pre and 2 streets with AT ?? I don't see the happen a lot...
I would be much more afraid of him having 77, QQ or KK. Those are sure to be in his range and will sometimes take this passive line and bomb the river.

I think you played the hand fine OTF and OTT. It's often said that bet/fold is the way to go.

Not sure about the river....checking the river looks like you give up the hand. If you are planning to call a shove but are happy with a cheap showdown, checking is fine.
If you are check-folding I believe value is lost from AQ and AK that are in his range too...

If he would bet small on the river, like 50cents in stead of shoving, I would be more afraid to call. That really looks like he wants you to call...

Last edited by rkleefstra; Thu Jan 09, 2014 at 05:02 AM..

Old
Thu Jan 09, 2014, 07:59 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Praydk,

I'm okay to lose 100bbs with Aces

35/17 looks kind of fishy even for 56 hands so their 3bet calling range does not necessarily mean KK/QQ/JJ, it can contain alot of AJ, AK, AQ, Kx, JT. So I think I'm going with three streets of value here especially that they dont raise us on any street.

Old
Thu Jan 09, 2014, 08:14 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoVARTA View Post
Hi Praydk,

I'm okay to lose 100bbs with Aces

35/17 looks kind of fishy even for 56 hands so their 3bet calling range does not necessarily mean KK/QQ/JJ, it can contain alot of AJ, AK, AQ, Kx, JT. So I think I'm going with three streets of value here especially that they dont raise us on any street.
Just to add to what Geo said, I would bet/fold turn and river. If you're raised on the flop, I would call and reevaluate OTT.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com