Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6Max Zoom - TPTK vs aggression

Old
25NL 6Max Zoom - TPTK vs aggression - Thu Jan 09, 2014, 06:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010

Villain: 18/15, AF: 4 Raise CBet: 1/3 (112 hands)

In some ways this is a spot that comes up fairly regularly.

I bet/called flop and called turn because I felt that he could be taking this line both with made hands and draws with the occasional pure bluff thrown in.

Is my line OK or should I have found a fold earlier on in the hand? Could I even call river to bluff catch?

Old
Thu Jan 09, 2014, 09:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Vs these kinda stats i'd actually fold the turn because we are likely facing a river bet we can pretty much never call.

Old
Fri Jan 10, 2014, 07:23 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
I think it might be a close decision OTT. I might play it the same way too depending on villain's street by street aggression. Obviously there are not too many strong hands in villain's range except 22/44 and even then some opponents would prefer 3betting those as a bluff instead of calling with 66-22 (maybe not so much from the BB) and also I don't think there are too many Jx hands that would decide to raise - not from this opponent I think.
So bluffs, semi bluffs could be the bigger portion of their range. Hands like spade draws, A3s, As2s, etc. Calling on the 5 of hearts is a much clear case. The 5d just adds 4 outs but I'm a bit hesitant to fold yet because I expect villain to bet turn once they x/r flop as a bluff. It's a rarity that I see someone x/r flop and then checks turn, in my experience.
I think you might have missed to plan your hand when you call flop raise. Once I'm raised OTF, I'm immediately thinking if I call here what turn cards do I want to see? and what turn cards will I fold to? Would be interesting to see how the action unfolds on an Ace

Old
Fri Jan 10, 2014, 07:50 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Vs these kinda stats i'd actually fold the turn because we are likely facing a river bet we can pretty much never call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoVARTA View Post
It's a rarity that I see someone x/r flop and then checks turn, in my experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoVARTA View Post
I think you might have missed to plan your hand when you call flop raise. Once I'm raised OTF, I'm immediately thinking if I call here what turn cards do I want to see? and what turn cards will I fold to? Would be interesting to see how the action unfolds on an Ace
I'm confused - shouldn't I fold flop or call three streets if it runs out brick-brick like it did here? What's the value of calling the flop if I'm going to face a turn bet close to 100% of the time and I'm going to have to fold turn or river?

Old
Fri Jan 10, 2014, 11:25 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
I would have play it like you did, mainly because I see a lot of players firing a 2nd barrel with their draws regardless if the turn that adds equity to their hand or fold equity, and on the river i see a lot of regs at 25nl zoom just giving up river with their missed draws.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com