Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6Max Zoom - TT overpair to the board

Old
25NL 6Max Zoom - TT overpair to the board - Thu Jan 09, 2014, 07:13 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010

Villain: 31/27 3Bet: 17% (333 hands)

I took a very passive line in this hand. Is this the best way to keep the pot under control and allow him to bluff his Ax hands?

Should I be more aggressive at some point to get value from my hand vs draws or lower PPs?

Old
Thu Jan 09, 2014, 09:47 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
BvB we should be getting this in pre at 25nl.

Since our range is so capped the river it's a snap call if he bets.

Last edited by birdayy; Thu Jan 09, 2014 at 07:51 PM..

Old
Thu Jan 09, 2014, 12:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
BvB we should be getting this in pre at 25nl.

Since our range is so capped the river is a snap call if he bets.
Really even vs an unkown?

Old
Thu Jan 09, 2014, 10:51 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
Yes. You need TT in your range to balance out 4bet bluffing.

At 25nl TT+ AQ+ is standard BvB.

Old
Fri Jan 10, 2014, 11:15 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Andy,

Blind v blind I don't mind 4-betting and getting it in like birdayy said, but would caution against the use of the words "should at 25NL" as though this is automatic... there's a lot of value to be had post flop too, and either line is going to be profitable here. Sometimes flatting is more so. It's ok to take standard lines, just be careful not to cross the bridge into what I call robot poker and always do the "standard" thing.

In this specific case vs. this villain's wild stats, I think we do better 4-betting simply because he's so out of line (and definitely am comfortable stacking off, although it's actually quite thin imo when we get stacks in... his 5B range is likely much tighter than his wild opens and 3b's. The bulk of our profit is coming from his 3b/folds and 3b/calls, not his stack offs). birdayy's point about balance is right, with a wild 3-bettor blind v blind one adjustment to counter that is 4b more, so we can increase our value range in conjunction with our bluff range to accomplish this and not become exploitable.

As played I totally agree on check/snap call.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com