Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

1.5k gt

Old
1.5k gt - Sat Jan 11, 2014, 07:03 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
2 out of 14...... about 89000k chips blinds 10k/20k
..... utg get KK raise to 40k button shoves for 600k, i call he shows AJ and catches an ace....

been thinking about this hand i was very comfortable playing so deep seeing flops, playing in position and was chipping up nicely
i know sounds crazy to fold but he could have had AA or hand like this and that happen.....
with knowing this could i have just folded and carried on just playing flops?

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2014, 07:39 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo30 View Post
i know sounds crazy to fold but he could have had AA or hand like this and that happen.....
with knowing this could i have just folded and carried on just playing flops?

it sounds crazy and its is crazy, here's why
you have <5BB
KK is a MUNNNNNNNSTer, you should not be folding KK preflop in most mtts/sngs
especially shortstacked

and you mention carry on playing flops? this sounds like a huge leak, you need to learn to adopt a shove/fold mode when your stack gets too short otherwise you will be putting yourself in bad spots time and time again

note: this is not a bad spot, shove pre would be standard but minraise is fine if people fall for it

dont worry about the results just be happy you got it in wayyyy ahead

edit: - did you post the hand wrong? you say youre coming 2/14 but you have 90k and villain has 600k

edit 2: if you have 900k and have villain covered, this is still a really easy call and super profitable for you. awful shove by villain and unlucky that he donked you

Last edited by ouchbadbeat; Sat Jan 11, 2014 at 07:42 AM..

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2014, 07:46 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Only 1 hand beats you here. Getting it in at this stage with KK is never a fold.

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2014, 07:59 AM
(#4)
little confused wasn't short stacked blinds were 10k/20k and i had close to 900k?
as for the see flops thing dont think i explained things right....
was raising, using my stack and throwing in a few cold 3bets..... kinda meant when i did see a flop felt comfortable......
kinda knew that i had to get it in with the KK..... just felt that playing well and did i need to risk it..... as it was finished 7th so not all bad

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2014, 08:11 AM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo30 View Post
little confused wasn't short stacked blinds were 10k/20k and i had close to 900k?
as for the see flops thing dont think i explained things right....
was raising, using my stack and throwing in a few cold 3bets..... kinda meant when i did see a flop felt comfortable......
kinda knew that i had to get it in with the KK..... just felt that playing well and did i need to risk it..... as it was finished 7th so not all bad
i gave a dud reply because i read the hand as 89000
with 890000 playing flops/being lag pre is perfectly fine

and yeah just one of those spots you have to take, QQ would be closer and you could possibly find a fold vs a really tight villain but KK is just too good to fold - if he has aces you still win 20% of the time and what's more important is vs his entire reshove range, KK plays extremely well

wp

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2014, 11:36 AM
(#6)
a right with you now... dont think i helped with my description

Old
Sun Jan 12, 2014, 08:21 AM
(#7)
Since: Dec 2013
BronzeStar
Even with no read KK is a snapcall here 30BB effective since you aim for the victory and only AA beats you. Btw you'll almost never face an AA here, cause even the worst players (like shove 30BB with AJ againts an UTG raise) just simply 3bets here and let you in the hand for more value.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com