Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom AA

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom AA - Sat Jan 11, 2014, 09:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is unknown.

Should I've raised the flop ?
I decided to fold the turn since the PS bet kind of narrow his range to strong made hands since there aren't draws.

Cheers!

Old
Sun Jan 12, 2014, 02:57 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
He could play that way 99-JJ, I would call down. second 5 reduced set combos also , I think there's nothing to be afraid . If he plays 53 that way so be it .

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 02:38 AM
(#3)
A read on the villain would really help out in this hand fp. However, as it is, I agree with Shichi-77. This board is really dry. So, the aggressive line from the villain could be a set or A5, but it often enough be an medium strength overpair. Most players tend to check-raise or check-call a flopped set on a board like this. Whereas calling pf with 99-JJ hands fits well with the board and action. The pot sized bets look more like an overpair that is afraid to see and A or K come than a a set trying to milk you dry. I think I would call it down as well. With a read we would have an easier time deciding between folding or continuing with the hand.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 03:46 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
Never ever ever ever ever EVER fold this turn.

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 04:08 AM
(#5)
Hi birdayy

I would be careful about thinking in such black and white terms of "always" and "never". It can be exploitable and doesn't take the particuars of the situation into account.

Cheers

Roland

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 10:00 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland GTX View Post
Hi birdayy

I would be careful about thinking in such black and white terms of "always" and "never". It can be exploitable and doesn't take the particuars of the situation into account.

Cheers

Roland
EVER*

*in this situation where he donks twice :P

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 01:51 PM
(#7)
Lol :d

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com