Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Hot 55c Crazy flop shove or some point to madness?

Old
Hot 55c Crazy flop shove or some point to madness? - Mon Jan 13, 2014, 04:16 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Ok this my first post here so bare with me

This is from hot 55c turbo. No reads on villains prior this, only 5 limps as read

here is the hand:
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...382_7EE244053A

Here comes womans logic lol:
First of I am giga short and here I get trash in BB and get 5 limps. Board is to my eyes yummy, cause I started think what hands call if shove. Overpairs ofc (i doubt limp pre), sets (so be it) Axhh but 2 smallest hearts are on table so disgards some limping Axhh. So I want to now hear have I gone completely bananas or did this make sense.

TY

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Roslyn_akka; Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 04:25 AM..

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 05:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2013
In my opinion it was a suicide shove You have small fold equity and any limper with pairs like 33-66 can call you. Well, in this spot I just check, leave myself with 5,5BB and wait for a better spot I am interested in your previous play, when you had 10-15BB. You had to shove then

But, everything went better than expected

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 06:06 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNumber7 View Post
In my opinion it was a suicide shove You have small fold equity and any limper with pairs like 33-66 can call you. Well, in this spot I just check, leave myself with 5,5BB and wait for a better spot I am interested in your previous play, when you had 10-15BB. You had to shove then

But, everything went better than expected

Hehe, ye. Never done weirdness. TY TY for feedback

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 07:13 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Since it's a limped pot, you can rep a "big blind special" on this flop, which the other players are unlikely to have hit hard. I'm just not sure if the reward is worth the risk. Getting everyone to fold - even on a flop this ragged - could be quite hard, and you'll probably have a maximum of 3 outs if you're called.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 12:38 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Ros!

Preflop, with J6o from the BB with 5 limpers, I'm going to check here and see a free flop. I don't have a hand and if I try to shove pre (if I try a play, I'd rather do it preflop before an opp can see that they hit a part of the board), there are so many people already in the pot, so I'm most likely going to get called, probably by multiple opps.

I totally miss the flop. With 5 opps in the pot, I'm just going to check and fold to any bet by one of the opps. I agree with Arty about trying to rep a big blind special, but with this many opps, I expect to get called, even by an opp holding two overs... and with J high, I can't even beat 2 overs to the board. If I hit a pair on the flop, I'd be more than happy to try and get 2 overs to call me, but since I can't beat anything and most likely can't get this many to fold, I'm going to muck.

What I will look for to shove is a hand with some equity where I can be the first one into the pot (or a better hand). Being the first one to shove carries much more fold equity than a spot like this, especially when with 5 opps, someone could have a pair or have hit a part of the board.

Something that you might want to look into, is how you are getting this short in the tourney. Look back at the HH's and see if there are any spots where it's folded to you where you can be the first to shove a hand with equity and see how many of those spots you miss. I know doing this was a huge help for me with them. In a turbo, I'm starting to look to open-shove in the 15-18BB range.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com