Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Why do cards not go on their backs when AIPF?

Old
Unhappy
Why do cards not go on their backs when AIPF? - Mon Jan 13, 2014, 05:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Played Zoom cash today, three hands in particular,
both players all-in pre-flop,
but cards are dealt to the river before hole cards turn over.
Three times I'm ahead AAvKK, KKvQQ & AAvQQ
and each time the river card gives opponent a set K,Q,Q.

Why do hole cards not go on their backs when all-in pre-flop?

Just gives an element of suspicion when it happens.

Last edited by F1sh4UrCh1p5; Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 05:07 PM..

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 05:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
You are not required to turn your cards over in a cash game.

You can ask to see the hand at showdown, but it is considered bad etiquette to do so, but you can see it in the replayer on Stars which I guess is the virtual equivalent of asking to see the hand.

There is an option on stars where you choose whether to show when going all in or not.

Last edited by bhoylegend; Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 05:11 PM..

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 05:18 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
If both players are all-in pre-flop,
then their hole cards should be shown,
before the flop, turn and river are dealt.
(not turned over after the river)

Otherwise who determines the winning hand?

Last edited by F1sh4UrCh1p5; Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 05:20 PM..

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 05:19 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1sh4UrCh1p5 View Post
If both players are all-in pre-flop,
then their hole cards should be shown,
before the flop, turn and river are dealt.

Otherwise who determines the winning hand?
On Pokerstars, the software does, in real life, it is the dealer.

If someone mucks their hand without showing then the other person is almost always awarded the pot.

Like I say, you can check the hand replayer to see what their cards were, but you dont have to show your hand when AIPF in a cash game. You can keep the cards face down.

Google 'I want to see that hand'

Last edited by bhoylegend; Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 05:24 PM..

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 08:29 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
I think you are mistaken in that belief Bhoy, it is considered bad form, when heads up and one player is all in, to not reveal 'Hole Cards'.

Also it is required in a lot of places, as it ensures that there is no soft play or chip dumping involved.

For instance, say I hold AA and I have a buddy at my table who is very short stacked, I raise to put everyone at the table all in, everyone folds except my buddy he holds ( anything you like (but not the other AA) so long as he doesn't improve with the board ), the board plays out and I muck giving my buddy the win and more than doubling him up.

If that was brought to light somehow, it would mean being banned from playing poker.

So to ensure fair play, Hole Cards are revealed when all players still in the hand are all in.

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 08:37 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2012
Bill that's certainly true of tournament poker the reasons behind it have no real relevance in cash games. In cash games there is simply no point in soft playing as if you wanted to give someone money you could just hand them a wad of cash and avoid any rake while you're at it.

Also in the PokerStars client it's impossible to muck a winning hand after the board comes down if you are all in pre.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 14, 2014, 05:19 PM
(#7)
Certainly, in tournament play it is require that all-in hands are shown, but cash is different.

If what I stated is indeed mistaken, we need to tell pokerstars, because they have the option I actually took a screenshot of, that allows cash players to hide their hand when calling an all-in.

Like Chris says, there is no point in chip dumping in cash, you can just give people money directly if you wish and not get raked on it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com