Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Have you played diferrent?

Old
Have you played diferrent? - Tue Jan 14, 2014, 06:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2014
BronzeStar
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=EC5E22C3A8

There were 8% chance to see K on the turn and 4% chances to see A on the river. More chances to see them were in the flop then in the turn or river.
I was not even expected to see AA in his hands.

Old
Tue Jan 14, 2014, 06:59 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristela81 View Post
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=EC5E22C3A8

There were 8% chance to see K on the turn and 4% chances to see A on the river. More chances to see them were in the flop then in the turn or river.
I was not even expected to see AA in his hands.

love the way you played it, i would have played it the exact same way

running into aces is very bad luck and just a cooler.

i like raising to induce here much more than open shoving - our stack is big enough to not look "suspicious" by minraising, by shoving we will fold out hands that could call or rejam pre

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2014, 11:14 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=0101D21C7A

It was my last hand in the last PSO Skill League. Fortunately the hand was dealt after the bubble for 1440 places was done and I wont receive any negative points. I finished 1372th place. It's the second time when I'm reaching under 1440 place in PSO Skill League tournament.
When I made the flop raise I knew it is possible that my adversary to have already a flush, but the risk was worth it. I already was pot committed from my preflop raise when I pushed half of my stack in the pot and would have been possible to see a club on the river which would have made a much better flush if I would have hitted.
But it's pissing me off because It's my second time when I'm going out from a tourney because of a flush made with small cards . The other player involved in the hand was having K(diamond) 10 (spade)

But it was a struggle to reach over there. All the time when I was trying to make my play someone was going all in or were re-raising me with 10-14 BB over my 3-4BB or 3-4BB+1BB per limper before preflop in early stages and had to fold the hand even that I knew I was having a premium hand to play, but I didn't wanted to get out early from the tourney. And all the time my fold was correct because those who folded in the all in trap even that they were having premium hands they were hit with a flash or a small straight made by the reraiser.
Only 2 times I went all in before the bubble and mostly because I was short of stack, both times after preflop once with AJ vs KQ and once with QQ vs 2 players with A10.

Last edited by Cristela81; Thu Jan 16, 2014 at 11:17 AM..

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2014, 09:52 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
I tried once more a PSO Skill League tournament, but before entering in the battle I read once again the entire lesson about the PSO skill strategy and noticed what I missed at the other reads ... The recommendation over there was to play as tight as possible with minimum chips invested until the bubble passes and without assuming to many risk before preflop and depending on the flop to impose an aggressive pace if our hand is good.

I managed to finish on the 150th place, and at the beginning I played this way a large variety of hands, which I wouldn't have played them with the normal strategy with 4-3BB bets + 1BB bets per limper recommended in other courses and also in live trainings.
But at least I didn't saw so many shoves preflop like in other tournies. They were with at least 20% less shoves preflop this way.

Old
Wed Jan 22, 2014, 12:22 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=A6E5234B2D

Have you played different? I should have made a bet as large as the pot after preflop not only half? Maybe the other player would have folded even though that he was having much more chips then me and especially that it was the risk of a flush.

Old
Wed Jan 22, 2014, 12:56 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Cristela81!

What type of tourney is this from? The answer to that will determine my exact answer... however, all of the bet sizes are incorrect.

Let me know and I'll go thru the hand for you.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 22, 2014, 12:58 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
It's a Hubble's NL Hold'em Freeroll

Old
Wed Jan 22, 2014, 01:40 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
With AKs in a freeroll (will play using standard cash tourney strategy), preflop, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 2 limpers, I will raise to 150.

I flop TPTK with 4 opps. When it checks to me, I'm going to make a standard value bet. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 4 opps, I need to make a pot-sized bet (600). However, this bet is over 1/3 of my remaining chips which pot-commits me and if I'm pot-committed, I need to shove or fold. Since I can be called by less here, I'm shoving the flop.
I can't bet less than 600 or I can possibly be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If I give them the right odds and lose, it's my own fault that I lose the hand.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 22, 2014, 02:26 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Ty John. Indeed you are right. I didn't respected the basics and got kicked.

I was more pissed off about that because it was the last from a few trips that kicked me in the today tournaments mostly made on the river ...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com