Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl FR Zoom - TT vs minraise in the BTN

Old
2nl FR Zoom - TT vs minraise in the BTN - Tue Jan 14, 2014, 07:37 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
Took notes of course, but unsure of my line of play.

Old
Tue Jan 14, 2014, 09:15 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
I never have a clue what those shortstacks do. Sometimes they shove any hand hoping their aggro will generate enough fold-equity.
Other shortstackers wait and wait until they hit a big hand and are happy (too happy?) to get it in asap.

But, tbh, I think calling here is a coinflip or way behind scenerio most of the times. Sure, they can shove any pocketpair into you like this, but 2-broadway-hands, and big pairs will be a very big part of their range.

I would fold to the shove.

Old
Tue Jan 14, 2014, 10:08 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Nash,

I think your play is fine personally. Obviously with reads we might fold, or rather vs. a nit you would fold to the shove but you also wouldn't 3b, you'd flat, so you wouldn't even face the shove vs. that player type.

Readless, vs. a CO min-raise open from a short stacker, I'm comfortable 3-betting to isolate him and stacking off TT. I agree vs. a tight range we should fold, but these guys flip up the strangest nonsense sometimes, not just smaller pairs but A5s, 97s and such. Enough that I'm ok going with it even though sometimes we are going to be running up hill vs. JJ+.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 14, 2014, 10:53 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2013
Cheers Dave & rkleefstra, had no stats on the guy up to now.
I was worried it was a spewy call, something I'm working very hard to avoid.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com