Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

AK off suit

Old
AK off suit - Tue Jan 14, 2014, 10:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2014
BronzeStar
Any advice on what to do in this situation?

Did I folded correctly? He probably had some pocket pair.

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 12:39 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

Not a bad beat folding, but I give a comment on the betting line.

Hero utg open is then over called mp then 3-bet (a bit small) then hero raise (click back)? Your out of position so I may raise it up again very big with such good hand?

The game looks like 1c/2c full ring so high variance of players in the pool but you seem to be doing well with nearly 2 stacks so now I go back to think maybe -

1) a bigger open size utg to 4x pre flop
2) a bigger 4-bet if over call and the small 3-bet

And at these stakes I'd let it go on the flop. And your bet was so small here you can be bluffed so I don't see Hero flop bet as value or a bluff.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Wed Jan 15, 2014 at 12:48 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com