Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Default
Bankroll Builder - Wed Jan 15, 2014, 05:21 AM
(#1)
Cod On Tilt's Avatar
Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 39
Hi,

I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Thanks!
 
Old
Default
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 05:49 AM
(#2)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,026
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod On Tilt View Post
Hi,

I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Thanks!
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!


Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!


Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Team PokerSchoolOnline


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Can't wait! - Wed Jan 15, 2014, 06:15 AM
(#3)
Cod On Tilt's Avatar
Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 39
Can't wait!

I read THIS thoroughly and want to know whether I can already start working through the provided material.

Can I complete the quizzes etc. or do I have to wait a day?

Can I use my account normally?

Thanks!
 
Old
Default
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 07:02 AM
(#4)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,026
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod On Tilt View Post
Can't wait!

I read THIS thoroughly and want to know whether I can already start working through the provided material.

Can I complete the quizzes etc. or do I have to wait a day?

Can I use my account normally?

Thanks!
Please wait until we find out if your account is eligible for the promotion or not. One of the instructors will let you know this within the next 24 hours

DO NOT do any steps until we know that you are eligible as doing the steps before you are asked may delay the process

Cheers,
Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 07:10 AM
(#5)
Cod On Tilt's Avatar
Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Please wait until we find out if your account is eligible for the promotion or not. One of the instructors will let you know this within the next 24 hours

DO NOT do any steps until we know that you are eligible as doing the steps before you are asked may delay the process

Cheers,
Raiser
Thank you very much!

I'm glad I didn't jump the gun on this one!

It's hard to sit back and not take advantage of all the exciting features this site has to offer!
 
Old
Default
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 10:25 AM
(#6)
HokyPokyToo's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,901
Hi Cod On Tilt,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future.

First Step

Let's begin with the basics. Please take some time to study the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
Let us know as soon as you have passed the quiz and we will credit your account with your first Bankroll Builder bonus.

Joss
Team PokerSchoolOnline


2 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Cool
Done! - Wed Jan 15, 2014, 12:41 PM
(#7)
Cod On Tilt's Avatar
Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 39
Hello!

I have passed the quiz, but before I had started it, the website had showed a pop-up erroneously stating I had been ineligible for the promotion; any idea why it did that?

Anyway, I'm ready for the next challenge!

Last edited by Cod On Tilt; Wed Jan 15, 2014 at 12:51 PM..
 
Old
Default
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 05:58 PM
(#8)
HokyPokyToo's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,901
Brilliant!

You've passed the basic test and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

The Poker Basics test was easy right? Well, there's a lot more to learn on the road to becoming a profitable poker player.

Now study the Cash Game course and once you think you have it mastered have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Let us know as soon as you have passed the Cash Game Quiz and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Joss
Team PokerSchoolOnline


2 Time Bracelet Winner



Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Fri Jan 17, 2014 at 09:39 AM..
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 16, 2014, 03:21 PM
(#9)
Cod On Tilt's Avatar
Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 39
Hi,

I have finished the course material, but it won't let me take the quiz.

It says "You passed another quiz. Please wait and try again later."

I have not passed any quizzes, just the Poker Basic one, and the checkpoint miniquizzes after each lesson.

Why is it not working, any idea?
 
Old
Default
Done! - Thu Jan 16, 2014, 04:00 PM
(#10)
Cod On Tilt's Avatar
Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 39
Okay,

it seemed to have fixed itself.

I've passed the Cash Game quiz; quite harder than the Basic one, I must admit!

What's next?
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 16, 2014, 07:50 PM
(#11)
HokyPokyToo's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,901
Great Job!

You passed the Cash Game Quiz and know you've shown that you have a great understanding of the fundementals of playing poker. We have now credited your account with your 2nd bonus.

Step Three

Please play a 1/2 cent Real Money table at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.



NB: You must post a Cash Game hand only, tournament hands do not count for this promotion. You must use the Hand Replayer only to post your hand, we cannot accept hands posted in any other way.

Once you post your hand one of our Trainer will analyze it for you so please post and intersestig hand where you have questions. Give as much information about the hand as possible, for example, had you any reads on your opponents?

Joss
Team PokerSchoolOnline


2 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Lightbulb
Uhm... - Fri Jan 17, 2014, 03:20 AM
(#12)
Cod On Tilt's Avatar
Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 39
Okay,

by 1/2 cent Cash game you mean 0.02$/0.05$ NLHE?

Do you honestly feel I'm ready for that? I don't even have the recommended capital for that, according to the lessons I've gone through, hehe.

I fear I'll get plucked like a chicken and lose my built bankroll.

Can I post a Play Money hand or 0.01$/0.02$ NLHE instead?

What do you reckon?

I'm somewhat scared!

P.S.: >>THIS<< says that "Bonuses may only be used at the $0.01/$0.02 no limit Texas hold'em tables in order to be eligible to receive additional promotional funds." Wouldn't my higher stakes violate the terms of the promotion, anyway?

P.P.S.: You're the boss, I'll do what you say, I just wish some input on this, if you would be so kind.
 
Old
Lightbulb
Oops - Fri Jan 17, 2014, 04:09 AM
(#13)
Cod On Tilt's Avatar
Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 39
Okay, I'm a bit slow...

By 1/2 cent you surely mean 0.01$/0.02$, not half a cent!

I just got really confused!

Can you confirm this, please?
 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 17, 2014, 09:52 AM
(#14)
HokyPokyToo's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,901
Hi Cod,


Please play at a 0.01/0.02 NHLE full ring (9 seats) real money table. Practice first at a play money table if you desire, but a real money hand is required to be posted via the hand replayer for this step. Your account should be credited with 2 buy ins now, so you should be able to play the cash hands required. Post a hand that you have had difficulty with that the hand analyser can help you with.


Good luck at the tables!


Joss


2 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Bad beat or fish play? - Fri Jan 17, 2014, 12:34 PM
(#15)
Cod On Tilt's Avatar
Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 39


Pre-flop: After two folds, I wanted to get in on the draw from the CO, so I went ahead and called 4 BB to see if I hit the flop.

Flop: After a medium sized flop bet from the villain, I made a large raise with top pair, ace kicker, to give the villain 2:1 PO to call, in order to protect my hand from a straight draw, only to be ALL-IN-ned; with 6.5:1 PO and 2:1 odds flop to river, the decision to call was an easy one.

Result: With no Queen or runner-runner flush coming to the rescue, the Hero's hand was no match for the Villain's pocket rocket

Question for my Hand Analyzer: Was there a way to see this coming, basing the correct read on the way this particular round unfolded?
 
Old
Default
Sat Jan 18, 2014, 06:04 AM
(#16)
Cod On Tilt's Avatar
Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 39
Hello,

could my post please be acknowledged, so a Hand Analyzer knows it's been posted?

Thank you very much!
 
Old
Default
Sat Jan 18, 2014, 06:07 AM
(#17)
spand42's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,496
I don't think you played this hand badly, it's just a very tricky spot that is difficult to correctly navigate your way through.

First of all, it's almost impossible to put your opponent on a specific hand, particularly after less than two betting streets, but you can try to narrow his range of hands and act accordingly, this is what the best poker players in the world do.

Preflop, I think your call is fine as you'll be in position for the rest of the hand. If you raise, you will likely fold out some of the hands you crush (AJ, AT, A9, KQ etc) and keep in the hands that crush you (big Pocket Pairs, AK)

You flop top pair top kicker on a "wet" flop - one that contains many connected and high cards. Because your opponent raised from Under the Gun, he likely has a very strong range that might connect well with this board. He could easily have AA-99 (you only beat JJ out of this range) AQ or AJ. It is much less likely that villain has KJ, QT, Q9 or T9 because I don't think most villains would raise from UTG with those hands.

Because of villain's short stack size, you have to make a decision straight away if you want to play for all his chips or not. I think your hand is too strong to fold yet, but you could consider calling his raise and then folding to further aggression on the turn/river as I don't think he would be bluffing often on a board of this texture and the majority of his value hands beat you as I said above.

Raising to protect your hand is OK, but when you get called you will often be crushed. Even if he calls with AJ or JJ, he's still got a good chance of beating you.

Taking all this into account, I would just call his flop bet and fold to any future bets unless I improve.

This is a very tough hand so don't feel too bad - just remember in general not to overvalue Top Pair Top Kicker on such a wet board texture.
 
Old
Lightbulb
Sat Jan 18, 2014, 06:25 AM
(#18)
Cod On Tilt's Avatar
Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
I don't think you played this hand badly, it's just a very tricky spot that is difficult to correctly navigate your way through.

First of all, it's almost impossible to put your opponent on a specific hand, particularly after less than two betting streets, but you can try to narrow his range of hands and act accordingly, this is what the best poker players in the world do.

Preflop, I think your call is fine as you'll be in position for the rest of the hand. If you raise, you will likely fold out some of the hands you crush (AJ, AT, A9, KQ etc) and keep in the hands that crush you (big Pocket Pairs, AK)

You flop top pair top kicker on a "wet" flop - one that contains many connected and high cards. Because your opponent raised from Under the Gun, he likely has a very strong range that might connect well with this board. He could easily have AA-99 (you only beat JJ out of this range) AQ or AJ. It is much less likely that villain has KJ, QT, Q9 or T9 because I don't think most villains would raise from UTG with those hands.

Because of villain's short stack size, you have to make a decision straight away if you want to play for all his chips or not. I think your hand is too strong to fold yet, but you could consider calling his raise and then folding to further aggression on the turn/river as I don't think he would be bluffing often on a board of this texture and the majority of his value hands beat you as I said above.

Raising to protect your hand is OK, but when you get called you will often be crushed. Even if he calls with AJ or JJ, he's still got a good chance of beating you.

Taking all this into account, I would just call his flop bet and fold to any future bets unless I improve.

This is a very tough hand so don't feel too bad - just remember in general not to overvalue Top Pair Top Kicker on such a wet board texture.
Thank you very much for this thorough hand analysis, I trust I understand your points and have learned a lot from them; thank you again; you've been very helpful; I'm falling in love with this forum, already.
 
Old
Thumbs up
Ready! - Sat Jan 18, 2014, 08:10 AM
(#19)
Cod On Tilt's Avatar
Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 39
Alright, I'm ready for the next challenge!
 
Old
Default
Sat Jan 18, 2014, 08:49 AM
(#20)
HokyPokyToo's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,901
Great!

We now have credited your account with your 3rd bonus and You're doing a fantastic job so far!

You've still got one bonus to receive.


Step Four


Attend any LIVE TRAINING session here at PokerSchoolOnline. You must actually attend the session to get your bonus.

Please let us know what Live Training session you have attended.

Let us know the Date/Time and Title of the session you attend and we will check your attendance and credit you with your final bonus. If you make a deposit at this stage you will also receive your final bonus.

NB It must be a live training session that takes place after this post was posted. Previous live training sessions do not count.


Joss
Team PokerSchoolOnline


2 Time Bracelet Winner



Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Sat Jan 18, 2014 at 08:54 AM..
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com