Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl Zoom - KQs

Old
2nl Zoom - KQs - Wed Jan 15, 2014, 08:22 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
hi guys,

You can analyse, but I think I played this spot on! I know these are standard, but some of you will know that I was slow playing and running scared recently. Here's evidence as to why we should value bet big.

I'm taking adivce on board.

Oh, and here is another. I know it's standard stuff.

Cheers,

Pullin

Last edited by pullin1988; Wed Jan 15, 2014 at 09:23 AM..

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 02:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
KQhh making the nuts is totally standard (it's my fave hand), and you played it well. I like the PSB on river. Villain usually has 2prs or a set when he calls turn, so a big bet for value makes sense. (One pair hands probably won't even call a third of pot bet, so target the top of villain's range with a big bet).

Second hand is fine too. I'd sometimes overlimp and go set-mining for the cheapest price possible, but iso-raising is good too if villain folds to c-bets often. When you make a set then betting big and barrelling is obviously great. Well played!

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com