Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10Nl 6-max Zoom K7s

Old
10Nl 6-max Zoom K7s - Wed Jan 15, 2014, 08:24 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is playing 38/25/11 over just 16 hands.

After I opened this hand I realized I shouldn't since the BT was LAG.

I decided to barrel the turn since he could have 5x or some pocket pair that might fold, and I had some equity anyways.

OTR I tanked for a while, against most players I'd fold here, but maybe he had a weak hand that felt that the K river was scary for me and decided to fire.

What you guys think ?

Cheers!

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 08:28 AM
(#2)
Sorry, this is actually 5NL Zoom.

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 08:43 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Looks fine.

You could also consider check/calling flop and turn.

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 08:47 AM
(#4)
But with draws OOP shouldn't we rely on aggression to be profitable ?
I could make him fold pair that are ahead of the specially on the turn.

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 09:28 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2012
Two aces on the board he may not believe that you have one and uses his position . I think I call OTR if his FCB stat is low .

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 10:31 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
Hey guys,

I think hands that have SD value that we don't get to fold with our turn bet would probably be happy to check back the river. We're obviously not trying to get trip Aces to fold with our turn bet so I think betting turn is kind of pointless since we would hardly ever fold better and we are not getting called by worse. When they bet the river they either have an Ace or a busted flush draw so its kind of a situational decision I think depending on how we think villain would play their draws and if they are capable of bluffing rivers with missed FDs. But with just 16 hands we really cannot tell so I might err on folding especially when their river betsize looks like a discounted price to get us to call with something marginal.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com