Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

QQ

Old
QQ - Wed Jan 15, 2014, 04:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Do you think i should call the river vs an unknown?

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 04:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2011
When facing unknown player I'm assuming he has tendencies same as the rest of the 5nl zoom pool. Tight maybe nitty and not capable of firing 3barrel bluff or valuebetting thinly on the river. His range is as strong as he represents in this spot. Correct fold I think.

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 05:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
I doubt villain takes this line with JJ/TT (or worse!), so I think the fold is fine.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 05:17 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2012
He is telling us he isnt scared of the A. He's either bluffing, or he is value betting, I'd tend to believe he is value betting a better hand unless we have reason to believe he is full of it.

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 07:01 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
Well played hand.

Unknown villains in the 5NL pool don't usually fire three barrel bluffs with value-size betting like this villain is making. Like the guys have already said, the Ace didn't slow him down one bit so either he was firing two barrels with AK and just got there or had you crushed all the way through.

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 09:40 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2012
Fine.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com