2NL Zoom - Overpair 3bet pot multi

Old
2NL Zoom - Overpair 3bet pot multi - Thu Jan 16, 2014, 12:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012

Villain 1 (79hands) 32/27 AF 1 Fold3bet 50
Stl 74 Fold c-bet 71

Villain 2 unkown

Should i be stacking off here? Villains 2 raise don't mean strenght to me because he's so short and would stack of here light. Villain 1 call is more strong, but he is so loose-passive, the board is full of draws, there is so much dead money in the pot that i feel i have to get the rest of the stack in and actualy feeling good about it. Is it thoo thin with being this multi way and with that kind of action in front of me?

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2014, 01:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I think I am stacking off here too, its not a fist pump shove or anything, but we cant just call villain 3's shove and then fold after having put so much in, if the turn is a blank.

So yeah, unlucky, while there is a lot that is beating us, the way villain one played it I didnt see him having the hand he did.

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2014, 07:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
I think you played the hand fine.

Judging by Villain's loose stats, the Button's calling your 3Bet range is going to be relatively wide when the Big Blind cold calls. Therefore when he cold calls V3's shove, I think he could easily be doing this with flush or straight draws as well as TT, all of which you are ahead of.

Your hand is too strong to fold and you can't really just call, so shoving is the right play even though you can't be thrilled with life. You were just unlucky that he showed up with the one overpair he likely has in his range as he'd probably 4Bet KK and AA preflop.

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2014, 07:34 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2012
Thx, bhoylegend and spand. Yeah, i guess it's pretty unlucky he ends up there with the only overpair that beats me and that he don't 4bet.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com