Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Stats for 6max

Old
Stats for 6max - Thu Jan 16, 2014, 02:47 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
Just wondering what you think reg stats are at 6max from roughly 10NL - 50NL?
Also, what would you classify as a LAG and a super aggro player?
If you could use AF and aggression frequency because im switching between the two at the moment,i find aggression frequency more useful at the moment

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2014, 03:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
You can win with a pretty wide range of VPIP/PFR/AF numbers, and to a certain extent the regs will alter their style depending on table conditions. e.g. They might loosen up their usual ranges in order to isolate a weak player, or tighten up if a LAG has position on them.
I don't play as high as 50NL, but I think most of the regs will be in the range 17-30 for VPIP, with their PFR 2-4 points below the VPIP, so you'll find winning players with stats like 27/23 and 22/19. It's possible to be a winner playing tighter than that, however, especially on Zoom.

I don't use Agg% very much, although I think it might be a more useful stat than AF. The latter is usually somewhere around 2.5 for regs. Anything much lower (e.g. 1.5) is usually considered too passive, while a high number like 4.0 is either very aggro/bluffy (when a player is loose) or indicates a "fit or fold" nit-tag that bets when he has it and check-folds when he doesn't.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2014, 05:53 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
Arty, can you develope more on that notion on playing tight at Zoom and being more profitable than in normal tables. Why you think that happens?

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2014, 07:17 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
... so you'll find winning players with stats like 27/23 and 22/19. It's possible to be a winner playing tighter than that, however, especially on Zoom.
Do use somehow Zoom stats shown in its lobby, where for example for 2NL players on flop was about 20% and it changes while there were about 1k players on 6max Halley at that moment?
Maybe this information could be used to adjust our VPIP/PFR, while we get into random spots with those players?
Did not made any math calculations so far, how to transform it to my hands range, but maybe try to do it soon, while it is interesting and so many fishes there

Last edited by aspok123; Thu Jan 16, 2014 at 07:21 PM..

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2014, 06:38 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlopes View Post
Arty, can you develope more on that notion on playing tight at Zoom and being more profitable than in normal tables. Why you think that happens?
It's a simple fact that Zoom players - on average - play tighter than players on regular tables, as you can see in the lobby by checking the VPIP and "players/flop" percentages. I presume it is because the fast-fold function means players just dump a lot of marginal hands pre-flop so they can move on to the next hand.
How best to exploit this is something I've never really mastered. I made more stealing attempts on Zoom than regular tables, but I always got killed if I got 3-bet or flat-called, because the continuance ranges were always ahead of my opens. My style is much more "exploitative", so I'm better off on regular tables, where I get better reads on specific players due to the larger sample sizes for (post-flop) stats and I can also use "table dynamics" to make +EV plays.
Felix once told me - I'm paraphrasing, so sorry if I have this backwards, flix - that on regular tables you should try your best to exploit the tendencies of opponents. On Zoom, you should try to avoid being exploited by the field as a whole. That cryptic advice seems to ring true, even if I don't really understand it.
It might be that a "game theory optimal" style is better suited to Zoom than regular tables, but I get coolered so often on Zoom that I've more or less abandoned trying to find out what is GTO over there.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com