villain shoves 7x pot

Hero folds

Good fold ?

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2014, 08:09 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Preflop and flop is fine.

Why did you overbet the turn? Did you have some sort of read that this guy is a calling station and will call this size of a bet with draws or 9x?

FWIW villain isn't really shoving 7x pot, your stack is the effective stack so it's "only" 3x pot.

Without any reads on his postflop play, I would just fold to this shove. He could easily have A4 or a set here and he probably thinks that your betting line looks very strong and you aren't too likely to fold so he's trying to extract value right now.

You're only getting 1.36:1 on a call, in other words you need to win 42.3% of the time to break even, which I don't think is going to be the case in this spot.

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2014, 03:24 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
Preflop and flop is fine.

Why did you overbet the turn? Did you have some sort of read that this guy is a calling station and will call this size of a bet with draws or 9x?

Without any reads on his postflop play, I would just fold to this shove. He could easily have A4 or a set here and he probably thinks that your betting line looks very strong and you aren't too likely to fold so he's trying to extract value right now.

Actually, reviewing my session this hand came up as one of the few losing hands (yeeeh ) but I was supriced to see I had overbet the pot.
I think I did it because of the reasons you mention: to look strong and to make it look like I was serious about this hand and wasn't going anywhere.

Or it was just a misclick

Thanks again for the analyse. I did fold

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com