Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl TP vs donk multiway

Old
2nl TP vs donk multiway - Fri Jan 17, 2014, 09:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

Villain unknown, though he's sitting with less then half a stack there.
What would you do? I would rather go with it on the flop if he shoves, than get just called and then shoved on the turn. It would look more like a draw/something weak, the way he played it looks like value.

Last edited by Praydk; Fri Jan 17, 2014 at 09:34 AM..

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2014, 02:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I'd raise flop a little bigger because of the drawy textures and the short stacks around and I wouldn't fold for that small of an amount, I believe villain can shove with worse Ax for his short rest or even with hands like J9/JT that peeled the flop. The odds are too enticing to lay it down imo.

Live Trainer

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2014, 02:30 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi pray,

Pre: raise to .08c or even .10c to isolate the limper.

On the flop, I think we are almost always ahead of the tiny donk bet. It's a bit uncertain with a 4 way pot, but no one has any real money behind, the SPR with the button is 5, sb less than 1, and donk better 3.5. So I would look to raise immediately and commit (V4 hasn't left us much other choice imo, as the board is wet and calling .04c in a .30c pot is basically giving anyone with something an almost free card to draw at us). If V1/V2 covered us then I think some caution would be in order, but as is on these stacks I like a raise to .40c with a plan to stack it off either now or on the turn if called.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com