Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl TP vs pot bet ott

Old
2nl TP vs pot bet ott - Fri Jan 17, 2014, 09:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

maybe I was on tilt, looking at it now seems kinda weak
villain 28/23 AF flop 1.5 turn 0.33

No worse Q will pot the turn there imo, he might have something like AcJc KcJc JcTc there, T9 gets there, QJ improved, any set makes perfect sense. Vs this range and adding AA and KK I have 12 EQ, not so pretty. 28% if we add KQ but I don't see what would he try to extract value from with that size on that board, only argument would be for KhQh but this adds just 2% to our equity.
What do I miss, what would you do?

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2014, 10:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
I think I would have raised OTF. If he reraises or he called AND lead out OTT again, it's time to go...
I don't see many reasons to fold OTT tbh.

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2014, 03:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi pray,

I think your line is fine here... I would like to know his flop/turn/river cbet #'s but failing to have that, his turn AF is so passive it seems unlikely his taking a big sizing double barrel line with worse hands. Calling turn hoping for a checkdown or planning to fold river seems really bad to me here. If he was going to give up, Turn AF.33 gives up a lot there, doesn't make a pot sized double barrel. Almost no cards improve us. The thought to bluff shove a scary river card seems optimistic, as he'd first have to check to us, then fold what seems to be a very strong hand. So folding OTT is fine.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com