Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl Zoom - AT

Old
2nl Zoom - AT - Sat Jan 18, 2014, 07:08 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi guys,

Could you please analyse my hand below.

When raised on the river, could be a made flush or a slow-played set. Maybe a better Ax hand.

Cheers,

Pullin

Old
Sat Jan 18, 2014, 09:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Standard bet-fold all the way. Many players would call the minraise on the river thinking "I have such great pot odds", but I just don't think you're good here anywhere near as often as you need to be. Well played.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 18, 2014, 10:00 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
I usually check-fold river. But i like that kind of block bet you made. Never use it in my game, thought. Don't really feel confortable with it.

Old
Sat Jan 18, 2014, 11:04 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2013
Awesome.

Cheers guys.

I'm glad I am playing more optimally in these situations.

Cheers,

Pullin

Old
Sat Jan 18, 2014, 06:50 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
I like the way you played this hand, but I think the river isn't a clear bet/fold.

You could have probably sized the turn a bit bigger, you're giving him a half-decent price to call with his flush draw by only betting half pot. I'd probably bet something like $0.25-$0.30 but I don't think it's a huge deal.

This is a pretty thin value bet that you make on the river, you've got to hope villain calls with A6-A9 to make this a worthwhile play, that's a pretty narrow range of hands. I think this play might work on this villain because he looks like a calling station, limping the button and that this is 2NL makes it more likely he plays most of his hands passively.

If we had AQ/AK I'd be more happy taking this bet/fold line. However AT is a borderline check/fold IMO. The advantage of the check/fold line is that he will likely check back most of his Ax one-pair hands, some of which beat us. I think villain would also often check back A5, A3 and A2 and just see a showdown. It also allows villain to bet some small amount (which they often do) which we can call and would be cheaper than the bet/fold line.

As played you make a good fold to his min-raise.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com