Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

16nl fr spr question

Old
16nl fr spr question - Sat Jan 18, 2014, 08:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013

Am I right in saying that with a spr of 3 on this flop I have to call any shove. If this is correct am I also right in saying if I'm prepared to call a shove I'm better off being the 1 doing the shoving.

Sorry villian the 3better is 14/11/3 over 664 handsthe BB is 45/30/6 over 48 hands

Last edited by tonydolphin; Sat Jan 18, 2014 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: villians stats

Old
Sat Jan 18, 2014, 09:33 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
I really like to know the opinion of the experts in this one. I get in this kind of situations a lot and never really know what to do. So, with the risk of sounding complety moronic, this is what i think :

Don't know the math or if you "have to" stack off due to spr here, but my gut says that there is no way that my JJ is ahead in this spot. AA, KK, QQ is easily in villains 3bet range. I don't really see him c-bet AK in a inflated pot multiway. Does he 3-bet 10s in the sb and play it this strong? Don't think so. Also, even if you are ahead here, with this kind of flop i don't see JJ ending up winning this hand in the river that many times. Maybe with some stats on villains, JJ is a good hand to get it in pre. It sucks really bad to fold an overpair to only one bet, but my nit side says to just fold flop and do some damage control. I have no idea what the cold caller range is. Can't ever figure what this guys cold call 3bets OOP.

Old
Sat Jan 18, 2014, 11:09 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
JJ would the towards the bottom of my 4b/call range pre here given the dead money in the pot.

Old
Sat Jan 18, 2014, 09:45 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi tony,

It's a tricky spot for sure. I really don't like 4-betting here... I think we can flat and set mine profitably, given that we have the right price vs. the nit, and a very loose guy to provide additional comp. And if we 4b, I think we always have to fold to a 5b shove from such a nitty villain, which loses us the opportunity to set mine profitably.

Although the SPR is low, I do not think we can profitably commit here in a 3 way pot vs. a very strong range in V2. Additionally the pot is protected somewhat by the presence of the super loose fishy BB... meaning it's less likely he's simply following through with air. So when V2 does fire a monotone board into both of us, I think his range will consist of mostly QQ+, AsKs, and AsKx, which we do horribly against. Just fold directly on the flop.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 18, 2014, 10:24 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2013
Villian 2 had a7s(spades) that really took me by surprise. Villian 3 had AKo.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com