Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL zoom 3B pot

Old
5NL zoom 3B pot - Sat Jan 18, 2014, 10:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
I have no information on the player. It is my very first hand against him.

My thought process:
**preflop**
Calling the 3B, as I feel 4B they fold all weaker hands except AK. I noticed 5NL zoom really tightened up against 4B's. So I call to play QQ OOP and keep his weaker hands and bluffs in his range.

Although I'm not sure what to think of the big 3B in position.

**flop**
Easy call as he will most likely CB his whole range. AK AQ will also semibluff here.

**Turn**
I'm happy with his check, as I believe he would bet AK AQ A10 AJ and all J's here.
He might check a 10 and bluffs.

**River**
Here I was thinking what can I beat with what he 3B's? And I only came to the conlusion a bluff (a 10 also is a bluff here now obv.)
I couldn't beat any valuebet.

Some history of my calling:
I tend to overvalue my hands a lot in bigger pots, calling pretty light and losing too many big pots this way. I have really no clue whether I can justify my call here. I justify my call here solely because the check on the turn.
What do you guys think?

Old
Sun Jan 19, 2014, 05:04 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Looks fine as played, river seems close as he can still have a lot of Ax in his range given his 3bet preflop and turncheck (he might fear getting shoved on or not getting paid). I would probably prefer folding against an unknown here.

Pre in a blindbattle I would always go for a 4-bet for value here as passive defense OOP can get you into sticky spots against unknown tendencies in 3-bet pots like that.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com