Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Ats multiway

Old
Ats multiway - Sat Jan 18, 2014, 05:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

How do we play this hand?

SB is a fish that can be donking alot of trash but seen as he donks pot i was pretty sure he has Kx +

Then the BB who is an unknown decides to raise so i think he has KQ and 22 to do this.

So i was just wondering because the fish has $5 who i am pretty sure isnt folding can i stack off here 200BB deep with the extra money the fish is putting in or is it a fold.

Old
Sat Jan 18, 2014, 05:39 PM
(#2)
If this was HU vs BB this is a fold even on 100bb because i dont have as much equity seen as he cant have over pairs on this flop?

Old
Sat Jan 18, 2014, 06:57 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2013
This could be bad advice as its not something I would do cos i'm too nitty.

How about shoving in this spot. As you would be seeing 2 streets with 12 outs you have a 1.5-1 chance of hitting.

Old
Sun Jan 19, 2014, 05:07 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey Mike,

I would not fold the flop with so much equity especially multiway. We hold both nutdraws wich make sure we are always gonna be live. You could call flop to keep the SB in and get more deadmoney into the pot or you could just come over the top. I actually prefer the passive play OTF and OTT you will still have enough equity to even call off a big bet most of the time.

Live Trainer

Old
Sun Jan 19, 2014, 08:04 AM
(#5)
I thought i had like 48% equity by the river but vs the BB im 42 / 58 according to equilab so are we still calling then if the fish just decided to fold the flop the BB jammed and all ive invested is my 20c preflop?

I think a month ago i would of snapped this off but when i thought about the hands BB can do this with i thought it was a fold unless i bet the flop and put more money in the pot.

So im assuming this is a snap call vs BB 100bb deep snap call vs BB and SB 200BB deep and a fold 200BB HU if the BB shoved?

Old
Sun Jan 19, 2014, 08:33 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
I think you should call on the flop, because you can range the BB pretty accurately (KQ/AK/22) and you have a lot of implied odds to stack his strong hand when you hit one of your draws. Calling in order to get the SB to stay in the pot just makes your potential winnings even better.
I would just call and then re-evaluate the odds based on what happens on the turn. If it's a blank and the BB bombs it, you might be priced out of chasing, but - without doing the precise math - I think Felix might be right about you still having the right price to call it off.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com