Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

SB PP hand

Old
SB PP hand - Mon Jan 20, 2014, 04:40 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Hi,
I've a question about a hand I recently played, 6s6c, folded to me on the small blind, so raised 3bb, big blind calls and flop came Kc2cKh.
After calling I suddenly realised I had no idea how to proceed with the hand, so I checked it down (turn and river were both aces, won the hand).
I guess I've sort of realised unless I've hit trips I'm not too sure how to proceed with the hand, so I thought I would bounce it off you guys and see what you think that and similar situations should be played. No info on villain.
Thanks

Old
Thu Feb 06, 2014, 11:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Hi your play isn't bad by any means try and mix in some sb raises that 5 -6 even 8 bb when it is folded to you in the sb to keep em guessing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT4hcbSNq6U

Last edited by who's 1st?; Thu Feb 06, 2014 at 12:16 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 06, 2014, 11:57 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Hi,
I've a question about a hand I recently played, 6s6c, folded to me on the small blind, so raised 3bb, big blind calls and flop came Kc2cKh.
After calling I suddenly realised I had no idea how to proceed with the hand, so I checked it down (turn and river were both aces, won the hand).
I guess I've sort of realised unless I've hit trips I'm not too sure how to proceed with the hand, so I thought I would bounce it off you guys and see what you think that and similar situations should be played. No info on villain.
Thanks

I would raise the hand probly 6bbs in that specific situation you could raise more even or less but i think its more profitable when you raise more for the reason he is more likely to fold then call and no harm done to you in collecting a bb for a good price when in a heads up situation. if he calls he either thinks your stealing or trying to collect a blind or he unliklely but could be possible has a good hand in this situation so say he calls. the flop comes 5 9 k now you are in a great position to take the pot down even if he has a king say he called lose thinking your stealing k 5 he is inclined to fold his k considering he has what info on you you raised big to steal no you raised big to make him think anyways try and work off this im sure you could come up with something to entertain yourself

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com