Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

16nl fr AKs good fold or too nitty ?

Old
16nl fr AKs good fold or too nitty ? - Mon Jan 20, 2014, 12:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013

I'm getting nearly 5 to 1 odds if I call. I folded because I'm oop. I think I'm crushed and the best I can hope for is a flush or gut shot draw on flop. Is this a good fold or not.

No reads on villian I only had 7 hands on him.

Last edited by tonydolphin; Mon Jan 20, 2014 at 12:42 PM..

Old
Mon Jan 20, 2014, 01:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi tony,

Calling getting 4.5-1 isn't terrible, but it's hard to proceed well out of position when we hit... we could also consider 5-betting here which looks massively strong and may get V3 to fold hands as strong as JJ (when he's stacking off JJ that's fine, because he's stacking it vs. our range of QQ+/AKs which he does terribly against).

Folding isn't terrible either, if we think he's super strong to the tune of QQ+, then folding AK is a fine option. Although 7 hands isn't much, I might make a gut check decision. Has he played any of those hands? Maybe we won't have anything useful. 0/7 doesn't mean anything. Neither does 3/7 really. If in one of the hands we saw him 3B someone and show KTo though for example, then I would be very comfortable 5b/getting it in here pre.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 20, 2014, 08:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
I think just flatting the original raise in position is also worth doing sometimes, particularly if V9 is pretty tight.

Having said that I usually 3Bet AKs and pick some AKo hands to flat call with.

Old
Tue Jan 21, 2014, 12:41 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
Shovel.

Old
Talking
Tue Jan 21, 2014, 04:13 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Shovel.
I almost fell of my chair. I imagined that face sayin that slowly lol.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com