Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

KK facing Tag on Axx 5nl Zoom 6max Zoom

Old
KK facing Tag on Axx 5nl Zoom 6max Zoom - Mon Jan 20, 2014, 04:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011

Should we bet the flop and give up on later streets?

Can we expect to get 2 streets of value if we check-bet-bet?

Old
Mon Jan 20, 2014, 08:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
Should we bet the flop and give up on later streets?
No and yes. I mean, if we bet the flop, we should give up on later streets. But I don't think we should bet the flop. By checking the flop we keep every worse hand in our opponent's range. They can bluff with every worse hand if we check. If we bet, they are going to fold a lot of hands that we have drawing dead. But they will continue with all hands that have us drawing to 2 outs.

Quote:
Can we expect to get 2 streets of value if we check-bet-bet?
Sometimes, yes. It depends on the opponent and the runout. If the runout includes an A (or a K) I would say we should always go for turn and river value when we check flop. When a spade comes we should not. But a run out like Q,A is an ideal runout example to go check-bet-bet for value.

The worse your opponent the more often and more confidently you should, the more passive your opponent though, the more you should be wary of them checking back top pair on the flop.

Old
Mon Jan 20, 2014, 08:32 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
With KK on Axx flop and being OOP, I like to fire one CBet and give up if called and unimproved. The problem with this line is that you're folding out worse hands and mostly only better hands are staying in, but that's the problem with being OOP and it's best just to fold out villain's inferior holdings and end the hand right there.

Going Check-bet-bet is fine but it's almost never going to happen. If he has a PP he'd likely just bet the flop once checked to or decide to just give up on the hand and fold to any aggression from you. He might call a turn barrel taking this line but he won't call two streets.

If you were IP, I normally like to check back and call at least one, if not both, turn and river bets depending on how aggressive the villain is and how likely he is to bluff/value bet lower PPs.

Last edited by spand42; Mon Jan 20, 2014 at 08:38 PM..

Old
Tue Jan 21, 2014, 04:04 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
Realy ugly when this happens

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com