Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6Max Zoom - Semi-bluff OOP

Old
25NL 6Max Zoom - Semi-bluff OOP - Tue Jan 21, 2014, 06:34 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010

Unknown villain

I raised OTF happy to get all in with my monster draw as I was out of position and felt that I would likely not get paid that often if my flush came in OTT.

OTT should I continue my aggression or just check/call? I felt the Q was good to barrel on as better hands like 88-JJ might even fold now. I suppose I have to give up against a raise though?

OTR I hit what I assume is the jackpot. I felt that sets would have played faster OTF or OTT so I felt that I was trying to extract value from either AA/KK or KQcc. I don't see many 6x in villain's UTG range other than 66. What bet sizing works well against this possible calling range?

Old
Tue Jan 21, 2014, 10:32 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
Hi,

I just think that if you want to fold 88-JJ on the turn, you should bet more than half the pot. If he didn't raise on that flop, I don't expect to get raised on the turn often unless he has QQ.

Old
Tue Jan 21, 2014, 10:54 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Looks well played imo.

Old
Tue Jan 21, 2014, 12:49 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
Doesn't UTG always have an OP when he bet calls this flop? dont think i like raising this flop vs UTG i might just lead into him here and on the turn i always bet 2/3 pot.

If i was UTG i would only bet this flop with OP and draws, so if your raising i would imagine at 25nl you bet more than that on that flop?

Old
Tue Jan 21, 2014, 10:27 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Spand,

I agree with birdayy, seems fine. I prefer a bit smaller sizing on the river vs. tags and unknowns, as a big bet tends to look a lot like a flush. Our line looks like a possible strong hand like a set, or a draw, and if we actually had a set then this is a river card we wouldn't like, so a bet that looks like we're not excited about the river card might do better than a big bet, and may induce some spazz out raise too. $6-$7 is good here imo. I'd like to make more, but it's hard for him to give action with more.

Player specific obviously, if villain is a fishy player, a station, a bluff catcher, then bet bigger for sure.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com