Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

16nl fr QQ bet sizing

Old
16nl fr QQ bet sizing - Tue Jan 21, 2014, 11:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013

I bet 1/2 pot on turn as standard should I think about betting more.

Villain is 14/10/5 over 1k hands and a winning player. Probably because he is such a luck box lol.

Old
Wed Jan 22, 2014, 12:04 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Really not too much to say here.

Sizing seems ok. If he calls there will be $14 in the pot with $8 behind which is fine.

Old
Wed Jan 22, 2014, 05:02 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Tony

Villain's probably thinking that the turn fills up a few draws 97, J9 and their line might also represent some sets - I don't know, but I think they might have made a poor assumption this time around about our hand strength and over estimated their fold equity because we just bet again on this turn which does not show that we are worried. That or you have induced them with your bet size, either way there is no folding top set here in a 3bet pot we are just too high on our hand range. Unlucky!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com