Old
5nl zoom, TT set over wet board - Wed Jan 22, 2014, 12:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2013

villain tagged possibly a reg

Preflop.
Called in position with pair for set value

Flop.
Hit my set, reraise for protection and maximize value for possible draws, overcards, and overpairs.

Turn
Villain leads and shoves.

Question:
Do I have enough reason to call him down?

looking at it, I need to put in approx 3 to win a pot of 12. Placed him on a range of mostly broadway hands e.g. overpair, sets, tptk, flush draws, straight draws.

Old
Wed Jan 22, 2014, 03:01 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey kalawahng,

I think you played it absolutely fine. It is closer as I anticipated but I still think we have a shove here. I put villain on the following range:

Board:  
       Equity     Win     Tie
MP2    42.26%  42.26%   0.00% { JJ+, 55, AKs, KQs, QJs, 98s, AdQd, AKo, KQo, QJo, QTs }
MP3    57.74%  57.74%   0.00% { TdTh }

He will show up with a lot of AK I am sure, but even against that you have outs and all the other possible combos justify a shove more than enough.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com