Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl second pair barreling

Old
2nl second pair barreling - Wed Jan 22, 2014, 09:20 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

villain unknown
I got 2 questions here, do we cbet then give up if called, can we get value from draws by 2barreling as I did and is it worth it? I was thinking about checking back IP and betting the turn but 99 is a mid PP, I can't really bet on overcards with my 3rd pair.
Second one is, what's villains range OTR and what is he trying to represent if he is?
Missed draws make the most sense, well slowplayed sets too. Can a call here ever be profitable?

Old
Wed Jan 22, 2014, 01:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi pray,

Firstly, villain is not totally unknown. He is playing an odd short stack, and has limp/called OOP. = Fishy. Check how many tables he's playing and it's probably 1 or 2.

Given this I do like bet/folding both flop and turn. Sometimes we are going to get shown K-rag, but I think we're getting called by 8x, worse pairs, and draws as well. And since his river bet makes no sense, I would call. Like you said, his change in demeanor on the river says that card helped him, but how? 32s? 22? Wp sir, wp, here's your money. lol I expect him to show up with a busto draw or a hand like 8x that he figures he'll call with anyway so why not bet, that calling is fine.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com