Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL:Double-Barrel?

Old
25NL:Double-Barrel? - Wed Jan 22, 2014, 04:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012

Villain is 16/15 (99 hands).

Is my cbet here ok? Also, my bet sizing is perhaps too small?

Is double-barrelling too aggressive here as unlikely worse will call & not great spot for a bluff? I have 8 cards that give me a straight & 3 cards that give me top pair so perhaps 22% equity tops which isn't enough to call if I get check-raised. Better to get the free card & try to hit my straight?

Old
Thu Jan 23, 2014, 04:50 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hey carl

Interesting 3bet preflop BvB; seems you have some reads on how wide they open their SB. I wasn't expecting villain to show up with that sort of hand but I think if we are going to bet turn we will need to bet some rivers for a 3rd barrel depending on how weak we think our opponent can call us preflop to put alot of pressure on weak one pair hands. Given the flop is dry-ish against hands that might call a 3bet OOP BvB I expect our flop cbet to fold out hands like AQ, AJs, ATs, KQs so the hands that are continuing with us will be PPs, maybe an A8s so the turn actually does not bring fold equity and even though we pick up hand equity ourselves I would prefer checking back the turn.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com