Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Off-Topic Discussions /

I think im done with online poker

Old
I think im done with online poker - Thu Jan 23, 2014, 04:46 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
I don't see a point to online poker anymore it makes me sick. There are far to many donkeys to play the game right. No matter how good i play or how far or well i do in the online poker school it seems to make no difference. I play to the guide lines set out on the poker school with a little change to my game for the players i run into. But the donkeys always win it seems and if not the donkeys far to many hand seem rigged to me. I know they say its not its just how many hands are played and how often. But here are a few of the hands that lead to the loss of my hole bank roll. I am on the button with k's and i prey flop bet to 5bb because there are two limpers. Both blinds and one limper folds. But the one that stayed in raises me min so i raise again and he pushes so i call. They show 2 4 off and on the flop i make a set of kings with a 2 4. The turn comes a 4 i now have a full house kings over fours and they have fours over twos. But the river comes a 4 and he makes quads and i'm busted. The second hand i have AK's in the bb it is checked to me so i raise the pot and all but one folds. The flop comes and i have full house aces over kings so i raise 3/4 the pot and they push so i call. The show QQ the turn comes a Q and so does the river so my full house on the flop is busted again by quads. And last but not lest i am in mid with AA so i raise all fold but the small blind. Who raises again for my all in so i call and they show A 9 off. The flop comes A 5 6 and the turn comes 7 with a river card of 8. Now i have had many many hands like this far to often to close together. And i really don't see what more i can do i play smart and i always try to better my game. With the online poker school and a few poker books i have at home but it makes no difference.

Old
Thu Jan 23, 2014, 05:16 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I think I am done too but for different reasons, although, I'm probably not done yet.

It isn't rigged, these threads come up from time to time, but there is never any evidence to back the claim. The hands you posted don't really prove anything at all. I've had donkeys suck out on me but I have done the same to them too at times when I was actually behind when I got it in.

I think the main point in your post is the fact that you say these hands have made you lose your roll. While I accept you don't mean just these three hands, it sounds like bankroll management might be an issue, if your not done and do continue to play ensure that you manage the money properly.

Old
Thu Jan 23, 2014, 06:42 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2014
Right now im playing freeroll tournament.

One guy all-ins, i fold, another goes all-in. Both guys get fullhouse. The very next hand another person goes all-in and he gets fullhouse.

These things are very often! And you just cant do anything, except one important thing. Staying alive Thats why so many videos on youtube watched, and poker courses read, all say that this is more of the marathon, except cash games. So no need to get busted by bad beat or outdrawn. I do feel for you, because i get same things sometimes. So if you find 4donkeys on your table, let them duke it out. Just fold

Old
Thu Jan 23, 2014, 07:17 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2013
^^ what he said
And, yes, take care about that bankroll management.

Old
Thu Jan 23, 2014, 08:06 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2014
BronzeStar
It is because we use no real money and people don't care if they lose or win! That's why they will call and rise with whatever they have just to see the river and sometimes they get lucky to hit a straight in the river or quads. School rules do not apply on virtual money poker

Old
Thu Jan 23, 2014, 10:03 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2012
trust me, live is no different,same fish, same run outs, same bad beats, however the game is beatable if you put in the work

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 05:40 AM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2013
Don't give up. I have lost loads playing on stars, 80% of the time my chips are in on the turn and I am sucked out by a fish on the river. That said on my other site I am a winning player most nights. (See my blog for jan results)

Also if you are a recreational player don't even think about bank roll management it is a waste of time, next time you make a deposit use half your deposit to play one tournament as if you win it will give you enough cash to play bigger tournaments.

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 05:52 AM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekbkl View Post
Don't give up. I have lost loads playing on stars, 80% of the time my chips are in on the turn and I am sucked out by a fish on the river. That said on my other site I am a winning player most nights. (See my blog for jan results)

Also if you are a recreational player don't even think about bank roll management it is a waste of time, next time you make a deposit use half your deposit to play one tournament as if you win it will give you enough cash to play bigger tournaments.
bankroll managment is a waste off time ?

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 06:54 AM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.bisland View Post
bankroll managment is a waste off time ?
what is bankroll management? is this a new strategy?
no harm in taking shots but using half your roll on one game is very high risk, at least use the full ammount!

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 07:38 AM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666bonez187 View Post
what is bankroll management? is this a new strategy?
no harm in taking shots but using half your roll on one game is very high risk, at least use the full ammount!

I wonder if he don't cash does he risk half the bankroll again.

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 07:55 AM
(#11)
Since: Apr 2012
Yes, please do not stop and keep playing, and forget about bankroll management just shove AI every time you get pocket pair higher than 44 or AJ+ please come and play with me. And because of these suckouts you should just open limp or minraise AA, KK, so we can see cheap flops and draw out on you.

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 08:18 AM
(#12)
Since: May 2012
I’m going to say this in a way that might offended you and a lot of people, but you overvalue your skills. There’s a lot of people who blame donks for their mistakes and therefor the “inevitable” failure. If by your definition there’s a donk at your table, you should have an edge and by applying patience into the mix you should be making profit against those types of players in the long run. There are so many clueless and talentless people playing poker, if you want to be better stop making excuses and start being honest with yourself and with others. Compliment good plays when your bluff clearly isn’t good enough, your vbet isn’t small enough etc. Start looking into the mistakes/or whatever you’d like to call them – and start improving.

I didn’t even want to read past your first sentences because clearly you are extremely clueless about what’s going on. When I started out I was only blaming myself for everytime I lost, because at that time; I knew I was terrible. After a while of playing freerolls for 8hours each day over the course of a few months w/practicing percentages, handselection, how much I should bet to make +EV plays – I started realizing when or where I was being unlucky. I didn’t care if I had KK and lost to Ax, however now it’s actually more annoying, if you don’t enjoy the game after having play it for almost no time, then do yourself a favor and quit.

And when it comes to BRM, if you need motivation read about “acoimbra 100k challenge” and “chilin_dude 100k challenge”. They both follow BRM and both of them show why poker is a game of discipline, patience and responsibility. I shouldn’t probably blame your to harsh since I didn’t even take my time to read your post – but I guess you should consider yourself lucky I didn’t, for if I did I’d probably wouldn’t waste my time on explaining something so obvious and simple to a person like you.

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 09:12 AM
(#13)
Since: Nov 2010
bang on well said tarek!!

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 11:23 AM
(#14)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
100% right on target Tarek!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 12:02 PM
(#15)
Since: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekbkl View Post
Also if you are a recreational player don't even think about bank roll management it is a waste of time

This is funny because it is almost true. You are equating "recreational" with "losing".

If you are a losing player then bank roll management is a waste of time, because it will only delay the bust out.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com