Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6m zoom - Khi flop with JJ - CB?

Old
5NL 6m zoom - Khi flop with JJ - CB? - Thu Jan 23, 2014, 11:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Villain first hand, small stack

Why it is correct to do CB?

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

Button ($2.74)
SB ($7.65)
BB ($2.97)
UTG ($7.53)
MP ($5)
Hero (CO) ($5.20)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J
2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, Button calls $0.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.37) K, 6, 9 (2 players)

Old
Thu Jan 23, 2014, 05:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
You can c-bet this one to prevent being bluffed, since you're OOP. Against passive players, I'd often check-call, however, and only give them credit for Kx+ if they also bet the turn.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 23, 2014, 11:42 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Agreed. I prefer cbetting OOP because its so hard to play a capped range OOP.

If you check/call hands like K2s etc on this kind of board, you can check/call JJ for balance but its probably not a big deal at 5nl.

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 05:09 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
I'm probably x/c-ing KJ/KT and QQ (sometimes x/c or x/r with sets for pure randomness). Cbetting AK/KQ, JJ,TT, 99, 66, 87s, QJ, etc

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 09:00 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoVARTA View Post
I'm probably x/c-ing KJ/KT and QQ (sometimes x/c or x/r with sets for pure randomness). Cbetting AK/KQ, JJ,TT, 99, 66, 87s, QJ, etc
What do you do with 88 77 55 44 33 22 IP or OOP?

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 04:02 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
I'm betting all the smaller underpairs as a "dead money grab". I want to win the pot right immediately. With stuff like 22, you have so little equity (you're basically flipping with any two overs) that if you can get villain to fold hands with 50% equity, that's a great result. If you're not gonna c-bet with hands like 33, then what's the point in raising pre-flop? You won't hit a set often enough to make money, so you have to "bluff" too.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 04:06 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
I'm betting all the smaller underpairs as a "dead money grab". I want to win the pot right immediately. With stuff like 22, you have so little equity (you're basically flipping with any two overs) that if you can get villain to fold hands with 50% equity, that's a great result. If you're not gonna c-bet with hands like 33, then what's the point in raising pre-flop? You won't hit a set often enough to make money, so you have to "bluff" too.
Right i was just checking that i wasnt cbetting to much, theres a few things i think im doing right but i dont know for sure un till i get an opportunity to ask one of you guys whats correct.

Bit like in Spands A6 hand i wanna know what he does with AK just in case im over playing it abit.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com