Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

AKo Preflop play NL2

Old
AKo Preflop play NL2 - Thu Jan 23, 2014, 01:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2014
Wondering people's thoughts on this at nl2 or even higher levels when your facing a large bet say 15bb+ or a raise to your bet.
Assuming your stack is 100bb and you have no info on the other players styles.

I'm finding myself making random decisions in this situation.

Are you willing to put your stack in pre with this? (At NL2)
Large raise?
Call?
Or dump it? (I could only see this option viable against a known super nit)

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old
Thu Jan 23, 2014, 06:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
It all depends...

Generally at 2NL I'd normally prefer to see a flop with AK, as people generally 3Bet or 4Bet with premium hands. At higher stakes, people 3Bet and 4Bet with wider ranges so going all in preflop with AK is normally a profitable play.

However if you see a villain who is loose and aggressive, then going all in with AK preflop is likely the best play as he might call with hands like AQ, AJ, KQs and fold some of his lower pocket pairs that are ahead of you.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com