Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6-max zoom, 1010 turn and river play

Old
2NL 6-max zoom, 1010 turn and river play - Fri Jan 24, 2014, 04:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
I don`t have reads on the Villain

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

So std open with PPs from CO, and got called by BB. After he leads the flop I was thinking of re-raising but then I thought of just calling this flop a left his bluff range in game.
The turn card does not change the board texture and he makes pot size bet again. I call and the river is a face card which is potentially bad card for me, but I end up calling the river bet also.

Should I`ve re-raise the turn? And should I`ve fold OTR when he bets. I don`t think they would 3-barrel bluff a lot.

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 08:07 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I'd raise flop. The problem with taking a passive line against an unknown with such a vulnerable hand is that you have no idea what turn/river cards are good or bad for you. Any overcard could be bad, any diamond could be bad, you don't know. I don't mind folding out some of his bluffs because I also expect to get called by worse e.g. flush draws, straight draws, 7x.

The other problem with calling is that it's very difficult to range villain when he pots it. I suppose your turn call is fine but I'd fold the river. The villain is unknown and like you say, very few villains at these stakes pull off three-barrel bluffs or would play this way with 7x.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com