Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL FR Zoom - Flopping the nuts - Best line for extracting value?

Old
2NL FR Zoom - Flopping the nuts - Best line for extracting value? - Fri Jan 24, 2014, 06:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
How would you play this hand? Opps was 33/21/1 over 48 hands.

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 07:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I'd raise the flop here to try make it look like a flush draw. If he's flopped a set or two pair he'll probably want to get it in straight away before another diamond comes. He's not folding Ax to one raise because you might well be on a draw. He'll just fold his air but I imagine he wouldn't put any more chips in with air anyway.

As played I'd probably just call turn intending to check/call river - what worse are you going to get called by other than worse flushes? If villain shoves here, you're put in a pretty gross spot.

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 01:26 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2013
Frankly, the board pairing and his Turn cbet worried me so I thought I'd check raise and fold if he came over the top.

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 02:18 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBNash View Post
Frankly, the board pairing and his Turn cbet worried me so I thought I'd check raise and fold if he came over the top.
This sounds an awful lot like "Betting for info" - a pet hate of TheLangolier's

When you bet purely for information, you run into problems:

a) You can't really use the information you get to good effect. If they raise, you fold. If they fold, you win. If they call, you haven't really found out much.

b) The information you get often isn't accurate!

You should be either betting for value (getting worse hands to call) or as a bluff (getting better hands to fold). Any information you gain from these bets is an added bonus aside to your main aim of either bluffing or value-betting.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com