Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

No Limit $0,25/45 players with 44 slowplayed with class

Old
No Limit $0,25/45 players with 44 slowplayed with class - Fri Jan 24, 2014, 08:03 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013

We are at the final table of NL0,25 SNG
Villain_5 pretty tight player...if he not hit the flop fold on any raise
Villain_1 loose player
Villain_2 pretty tight but makes huge mistakes after the flop

I thinck i played correctly this hand and i wanted to know a pro oppinion on this...Thanx !

Last edited by sharpmind93; Fri Jan 24, 2014 at 08:06 AM..

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 08:07 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpmind93 View Post

We are at the final table of NL0,25 SNG
Villain_5 pretty tight player...if he not hit the flop fold on any raise
Villain_1 loose player
Villain_2 pretty tight but makes huge mistakes after the flop

I thinck i played correctly this hand and i wanted to know a pro oppinion on this...Thanx !
Villain 5 is me all over.

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 08:11 AM
(#3)
No, It`s not you

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 08:14 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Can't see hand on mobile. Just saying it sounds like me

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 10:18 AM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2013
Hello, sharpmind93!

You have a monster on the flop but by slow playing it you can be easily outdrawed if lets say opp has J10s and less likely if K10. If our opp is tight then I like check on the flop. Otherwise, most of the time I would bet here half the pot.
As played, if opp checks at me then I would make a small bet on the turn as a bluff or with the idea that he has a draw. If he folds it means board don't helped him at all. If he calls I would hope that river wont be 8 or K and revaluate my 444 on more time. We are lucky that our opp could cheaply see next card which is A, but most of the time IMO it can be dangerous play.

This is only my oppinion
Good luck!
MyNumber7

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 10:27 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi sharp,

For me I think it's close between shoving and raise/folding. The villain only has a 14bb stack, normally this is a straight forward shove with our hand in this stack dynamic, but considering that 1) he's tight, and 2) he is possibly motivated to not bust before V1, min-raise/fold to a shove isn't bad.

As to your play, I don't like it much personally. Preflop, were you planning to call or fold to a shove? Vs. a tight guy I think, either way, min-raising accomplishes our goals at a better price for us (can't imagine he's folding any hand for 1500 that he'd call for 12000). Post flop, I would be betting. If we want to get trappy we can do it by betting small, but let's start getting some money into the pot. We gave 2 free cards to hands like KJ, KT, JT, A9, K9... even Qx might decide to try and show this down cheaply (which would be a post flop mistake, he should bet top pair imo). Even the shove on the river, trying to make up for lost value, it actually looks like you hit the ace tbh, it's a .25c game so the villain just says "hey I made top pair so I call", but if he didn't have an ace he's folding here, including hands like QT that were trying to show down cheaply for some reason, and the gut shots like KJ that missed but may have called 2 small bets to try and get lucky.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 10:39 AM
(#7)
Hi Dave!
Thanx for the speech ...it was really helpful but let you explain what i thought right there.
1. I miraised with the idea of folding if he goes all-in becouse how i said he is tight.
2.After flopping the set the only reaason that i did not bet is that i was sure that he has an Ax type hand becouse of that calling.
3.I was just afraind of AT and i wantead to see an A on the boar to induce a bluff...becouse i was sure that he will call.

Regards,sharp!

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 10:51 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpmind93 View Post
Hi Dave!
Thanx for the speech ...it was really helpful but let you explain what i thought right there.
1. I miraised with the idea of folding if he goes all-in becouse how i said he is tight.
2.After flopping the set the only reaason that i did not bet is that i was sure that he has an Ax type hand becouse of that calling.
3.I was just afraind of AT and i wantead to see an A on the boar to induce a bluff...becouse i was sure that he will call.

Regards,sharp!
1. I'm down with this plan vs this villain, except you didn't min-raise, you 2.5x it. Save the 300 chips when he moves all in. BTW, the fact that he flat called pre and did not move all in with A7 makes this plan even better imo.

2. You must have had a better read than you gave us , because most Ax hands should move all in preflop over your steal position raise. Even if he's tight and doesn't have a resteal game, then I would expect A-rags to fold and big aces to move all in. I would tend to range him with few Ax hands here, and a lot more broadways like KQ, KJ, KT, QJ, QT, JT... we want to be betting against this entire range. It can be small to be trappy, like 1000-1500 even, but we want something to get in the pot.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com