Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

NL0,25 45 players with 48s i outplayed a week player in possition

Old
NL0,25 45 players with 48s i outplayed a week player in possition - Fri Jan 24, 2014, 08:19 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013

We are at the final table

Villain_2 is a pretty tight player but plays so bad post flop and also tries to steel the blinds

I wonder if i played correctly this hand becouse i was so stressed... if i wasent hit the 4 on the river i would fold at any bet
Tnx

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 10:40 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi sharp,

With 31bb's and facing a 3x I would just fold preflop. This hand is probably not profitable to flat with and 3-betting to resteal is a bit pricey given the 3x open. That being said, I think restealing is certainly not bad, considering:

-Villain is tight
-Villain is a wide stealer based on your read
-Villain is opening 3x indicating he's probably not that good, and thus will fold too much to a resteal.

Actually, I maybe talking myself into it. I'd be 3-bettin got about 3950, then if called, c-betting 4200... meh, that's 13.6 bb's which only leaves us with 17.4, really wish we had 35+ to start the hand. I don't hate it against this villain as described though, possibly worth the risk.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com