Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Did I make the right choice?

Old
Did I make the right choice? - Fri Jan 24, 2014, 05:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011

This was a .55 500 cap tourney, play who went all in was a TAG who had been folding for the most part during this tourney

Last edited by auntyrae; Fri Jan 24, 2014 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: add info

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 06:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi,auntyrae!

With less than 9BB you should call here. You opp with 9BB might shove here AQ, AK or 77-JJ. Most of the time you will be ahead or fliping. IMO with a 9BB only call here is the best option!

Good luck!
MyNumber7

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 06:53 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi auntyrae!

With just under 9BB, I get a shove by a 9BB stack in front of me.

With AKo, I'm going to call here. The range that I'm looking to call this shove with is 55+ A9s+ ATo+ KQs.

AKo is at the top end of this range, so I'm calling. Honestly, looking this up surprised me, because I was not expecting to find KQs in this range as I hate calling shoves with KQ.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 07:04 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2012
im snap calling here, not going to find many better opportunities before u get blinded out

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 07:29 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Unless it's close to the bubble I snap call.

Old
Fri Jan 24, 2014, 09:21 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2011
Thanks everyone I was worried about this guy having top pairs with his history of LAG play, I should really have gone for it and will next time this situation arises

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com