Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25nl Zoom - Bottom of my made hand range into bluff

Old
25nl Zoom - Bottom of my made hand range into bluff - Fri Jan 24, 2014, 09:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Stats

Player3 ( $31.48 USD ) - VPIP: 23, PFR: 20, 3B: 6, AF: 2.3, Hands: 98

Villain is a 4 tabling zoom reg.

I felt that this hand is low enough in my range to turn into a bluff otr since we are often never good vs his bet.

His bet also indicated thin value that i feel will fold if raised to.

I feel I could rep hands like 87o, JT, J9, KQ (we have a blocker yay) so we need to throw hands like these in for balance I assume.

Thoughts on line / sizing?

Old
Sat Jan 25, 2014, 05:47 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I doubt floating the turn OOP in a vacuum can be +EV so you have to have some sort of plan for the river.

Were you just planning to get to showdown or was your plan to check/raise most rivers? Was your plan to lead some rivers where you had made 2 pair or trips for example?

Old
Sat Jan 25, 2014, 10:09 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
Would you x/c KQ and 87 on that turn though? JT makes sense i dont know about J9 though can we x/c J9 on that turn, what worse hands does he bet that he calls the flop with thats worse than 9x.

If we float that flop IP with OC would that be a good spot to bet that turn.

Old
Sat Jan 25, 2014, 03:53 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
I doubt floating the turn OOP in a vacuum can be +EV so you have to have some sort of plan for the river.
but he has a pair!

Old
Sat Jan 25, 2014, 03:55 PM
(#5)
I would probably just check-call the flop with this hand. Its not like villain has a ton of dominated 3X/KX that are calling 1 bet much less 2-3 streets. I would probably barrel the turn and empty the clip on the river as played, which kind of highlights why we should play the flop differently in this spot.

The river I have no idea. This is not the best combination with which to do this (I am guessing) so you need a pretty otherworldly gameflow read to do this. But those do occur from time to time

Old
Sat Jan 25, 2014, 04:02 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethC23 View Post
I would probably just check-call the flop with this hand. Its not like villain has a ton of dominated 3X/KX that are calling 1 bet much less 2-3 streets. I would probably barrel the turn and empty the clip on the river as played, which kind of highlights why we should play the flop differently in this spot.

The river I have no idea. This is not the best combination with which to do this (I am guessing) so you need a pretty otherworldly gameflow read to do this. But those do occur from time to time
If you x/c flop here what do you do on the turn?

This is a spot where i just turn my hand into a bluff and fire 2 barrels and normally give up on the river.

Old
Sat Jan 25, 2014, 04:50 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
If you x/c flop here what do you do on the turn?
never fold

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com