Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25nl Zoom - Bottom pair in 3b pot

Old
25nl Zoom - Bottom pair in 3b pot - Fri Jan 24, 2014, 09:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Stats

VPIP: 50, PFR: 22, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 20

Villain is a fish so i iso-d pre with 69s IP.

I made a standard cbet to get value from draws and whatever other junk he might have.

This the turn is a standard check, and then he bets when the K pairs the board.

Card removal wise (and sizing) it's doubtful he has a K here (though we don't block any Kx combos ), so I think given the odds we are getting and all the missed draws in his range I should be sigh/calling.

Thoughts?

Last edited by birdayy; Fri Jan 24, 2014 at 09:40 PM..

Old
Sat Jan 25, 2014, 01:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi birdayy,

I don't like this tbh... villain being a fish isn't a good excuse to iso with anything. This guy seems like very loose fish, so I prefer to iso him with a wide array of big card hands, that make a lot of top pair/2nd pair holdings which are great for value against this type of guy. If he's a tight-passive fish or fit or folder, then iso'ing 69s IP is nice because we're attacking the fact they fold too much, and have deceptive value to the hand when they don't, plus are dominated less with top pair hands. Like vs. this guy I would iso Q9, and he's going to limp/call all kinds of dominated junk, where a tight-passive fish will be limp/calling hands that dominate Q9 quite often instead of visa-versa.

So as played, I would just fold tbh. It's pretty close, all flopped draws did bust, but I don't think we can rule out a K at all here (not making sizing judgements on this guy), He can certainly show up with K8o for example. The thing that swings it to a fold for me is that he is probably also betting a Q or 7 for reasons that don't make sense outside of his own head, making bluff catching all the busted draws less desirable.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com