Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Restealing...(would like ChewMe1 to answer, please)

Old
Restealing...(would like ChewMe1 to answer, please) - Sat Jan 25, 2014, 09:28 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
What % should villain have in order for me to resteal?(Talking about 3bet-shove)
If a villain has a Steal % of 20+, I resteal with Ax and Kxs type hands and if he has 30+, I throw in some small pp and suited connectors.
Is that ok? What do you think?

Old
Sat Jan 25, 2014, 12:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Be very wary of one dimensional reads. Aware players, which are required in this circumstance, are not successful if one dimensional.

Old
Sat Jan 25, 2014, 01:00 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 08:12 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Espada_Nu.4

It depends if we're shoving for value or not.
20% isn't a high steal percentage and I wouldn't be looking to shove on a guy like this without hands that play well against his range because I would expect to get called a lot.

There is so much to take into account when we 3bet all in, so much so that I think it's impossible to create a range/chart based on someones steal percentage alone. There are many more factors to take into consideration.

Are the players left to act tight? Weak and passive? If so then villains opening range ought to increase 'if he's smart'. Are the players behind you very aggressive? Do they 3bet often? If this is the case then villains range ought to be tighter than usual, meaning our range ought to be tight in this scenario because it's quite likely he's going to have a hand good enough to call us with.

Although knowing someones steal percentage is great and in most cases it will have a big influence on the decision we are going to make, we can't always rely on it to give us the magical answer of what hands we ought to be shoving against them, all we can do is use it as a tool to guide us in the right direction.

Anyway in regards to your actual question.
'If a villain has a Steal % of 20+, I resteal with Ax and Kxs type hands and if he has 30+, I throw in some small pp and suited connectors.
Is that ok? What do you think'

I hope now that you realize that this question is near enough impossible to answer but yes, your range seems ok.

Cheers, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com