Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

QK hows my line

Old
QK hows my line - Sat Jan 25, 2014, 12:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

I decided to check the turn because he will fold TT. AQ and JJ has me crushed and if he did float the flop with like AK he might bet for me.

He might have worse Qx but i think QT is the worst but he might only flat AQ in that seat so i decided on that turn after he calls the flop if i bet im more likely to be behind if im called.

So i thought if i x/c turn and lead river he will be baffled and might pay me off with hands like TT and i would have to fold to a raise.

I dont like x/c turn and river because i cant set my price and he will check back hands i beat but this way i think i get max value from worse and get away cheaply from better hands.

What do you think?

He had TT btw

Old
Sat Jan 25, 2014, 07:21 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Mike,

I'm not sure what I think of your line, it seems like you're making lots of reads here, but based on what?

I would generally bet again on the turn, because I think hands like TT, T8, 98, 99, AK will feel very inclined to take a free river card, but be willing to pay another turn barrel, especially if they convince themselves we have AK.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 09:13 AM
(#3)
Well i dont actually have any solid reads as im not using a hud, i was just thinking about what would i have in his seat and i would be calling another bet with some hands but not a river bet on most rivers.

So i thought as players like to bet when checked to on the turn i would let him bet and lead in to him on the river to get called by TT 99 and Jx.

There are plenty of hands on that turn im ahead of but i didnt know if he even has 8x Jx in that seat and lets say i did bet the turn knowing he does have those hands im stuck on the river being OOP.

Do i bet fold x/f x/c i don't know but i don't think he will call 3 barrels with Jx TT 99 8x vs an unknown at 5nl where players aren't that aggro.

Would you check back AK then if you was the villain?

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 10:54 AM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
If I was the villain I wouldn't float the flop with no reads here holding AK.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 11:13 AM
(#5)
Really but UTG misses this flop a ton, maybe i float way to much then.

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 11:21 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
If I was the villain I wouldn't float the flop with no reads here holding AK.
[

If this was your UTG range here what would you cbet?

Last edited by mike2198; Sun Jan 26, 2014 at 11:41 AM..

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 11:23 AM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
He does? Not sure how you define that without reads, and no idea what his range is. Readless I assume it's tighter UTG until I see different.

AK misses. AJ misses. AQ, KQ, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, 99 are all made hands of some sort. The wider we get the more misses there are, but without reads I don't think we can float profitably here. We need him to be wide but don't know that. We need him to be able to release hands like JJ/TT/99, but we don't know that.

One of the things I notice in my own game is I am guilty of floating the flop too much at times. This is a spot (readless) that would fit into that category for me, personally.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 11:26 AM
(#8)
(Head Trainer)
You are attributing your own play to villain. Don't do that imo. Don't try to attribute my play to villain either. Treat him as an average unknown, and err on the side of caution, until you get reads, is what I generally try to do.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 11:40 AM
(#9)
Yh i guess i do to much assuming i just figured if players are cbetting this flop like 60%+ then they have a ton of air but then i would need to know his range 1st.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com