Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10nl fr AK oop

Old
10nl fr AK oop - Sat Jan 25, 2014, 07:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013

Did I play this ok. Should I just flat call and see a flop?

When the CO called behind the initial raiser was I really supposed to believe he had AA or KK. I thought he had QQ or AK.

Villain 4 20/13/0 over 15 hands

Villain 6 14/5/4

Last edited by tonydolphin; Sat Jan 25, 2014 at 07:34 PM..

Old
Sat Jan 25, 2014, 07:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi tony,

Either flat calling or 3-betting pre is fine. We don't have many reads with only 15 hands on the opener, but the caller is likely small and medium pair heavy, so I don't mind 3-betting to deny him a price to set mine us. I'm generally not 3b/folding AK on 100bb's, so when he back raises I would go with it as well. There's now enough overlay in the pot to make it profitable unless we have detailed notes that he fancies this play with AA (the flat/back raise). And, obviously, there's always a chance he can put 40bb's in the pot and fold to a shove. Not a good one imo, as I wouldn't expect much fold equity, but clearly FE wasn't zero.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 25, 2014, 08:32 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2013
Thank you for the feedback. I hate shoving with AK but this spot seemed like a good spot to do it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com