Calling a raise

Old
Calling a raise - Sun Jan 26, 2014, 09:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

Called any flop bet

Called any turn bet

Called any river bet

Don't really know what to make of my turn call bet and river call bet but shouldn't i be making money when calling a preflop raise on the top graph?

My turn and river calls look like i have a leak, does my flop call graph make up for my turn call breaking even though because im obviously floating sometimes to take the pot away on the turn.

I have know idea why the river graph looks so bad i did get coolered pretty bad with sets though 3 times maybe thats why but even the start of the graph looks bad.

I know its a lol size sample but ive removed alot of hands from the graph because my game has changed alot and the other 80k hands are from july up till the start of these hands.

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 11:39 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2011
Cannot see the pictures.

Maybe you're going to the showdown too light?

Putting villains on weaker ranges than they really are?

I think analyzing actual hands would be more beneficial. Filtered graphs shows big picture, but not the details of it.

Maybe it is everything right just variance kicking in.

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 03:00 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by morduk666 View Post
Cannot see the pictures.

Maybe you're going to the showdown too light?

Putting villains on weaker ranges than they really are?

I think analyzing actual hands would be more beneficial. Filtered graphs shows big picture, but not the details of it.

Maybe it is everything right just variance kicking in.
Im not sure why the pictures are no longer showing up but i found out what the problem was with my graph, it said i was losing money when there was a raise but when i looked at the hands it showed all the hands where it was raised and i folded.

So i filtered a graph myself and i am actually making money when calling a raise or a 3bet but im losing money calling on the BU with suited connectors like 67s or KQs, i dont know what it is with pt4 but theres a lot of useless graphs you can click on, i mean why would i want to know how much money ive lost when ive folded preflop to a single raise.

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 06:38 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
Im not sure why the pictures are no longer showing up but i found out what the problem was with my graph, it said i was losing money when there was a raise but when i looked at the hands it showed all the hands where it was raised and i folded.

So i filtered a graph myself and i am actually making money when calling a raise or a 3bet but im losing money calling on the BU with suited connectors like 67s or KQs, i dont know what it is with pt4 but theres a lot of useless graphs you can click on, i mean why would i want to know how much money ive lost when ive folded preflop to a single raise.
Playing without initiative( Cold calling) is hard. If you are loosing with some of your hands - remove them from your calling range and throw it into 3betting range. It will be easier to play like that.

67s,KQs. I choose to 3bet them in order to avoid too much complicated thoughts:

Can I float this villain?

Would he check-call the turn with underpair after stabbing the flop?

Would he use the K,Q on the river as the scarecard putting such a big bet?

and so on..

I find it is more easy to play those hands with initiative. Since I can stay agressive on drawy flops, or just pick up the money preflop.

P.S PT4 is tricky, but I disagree there are useless features in it. All tools are good for the right job.

Last edited by morduk666; Wed Jan 29, 2014 at 06:46 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com