Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom QJs PF

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom QJs PF - Sun Jan 26, 2014, 01:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is unknown.

Should I just flat on the SB here with this hand being Deep ?
After he 4B should we call since the 4B is small ?
If we put him on AA,KK, can we call the 4B ?

Cheers!

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 06:33 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

I would flat here personally. The problem with 3-betting is our hand really doesn't want to get 4b. And it plays well against a steal position raise on this depth of money. Have a plan for your hand, if you don't know what to do to a 4b, then don't 3b.

If we knew his hand, sure we are deep enough to call knowing he will have a hard time folding post and we can make perfect decisions.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 27, 2014, 07:56 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
But I thought that at the micros you can 3B fold value hands, because we'll not get 4B bluffed often enough.

Since in this hand we were deep I thought he wouldn't 4B bluff me (he may even just call with KK). But the price he gave me sounded good for a call, even against a monster like AA.

And one thing I'm never sure of. What means to say that 'we have the odds to make this call' ? How many odds do we need to make a call like this, how do you work out the math ?

Last edited by fp_boss77; Mon Jan 27, 2014 at 08:12 AM..

Old
Mon Jan 27, 2014, 09:45 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
Our default strategy should be to opt for a linear 3betting range with no flatting range against a button steal.

Flatting the SB almost certainly has our range not optimising it's equity in that it will very often be shut-out by squeezes and/or tough post-flop situations OOP.

Some hands may seem awkward to 3b (mid PPs, weaker broadways like JQs) and independently be played better in a vacuum as flats. However, this introduces a mixed strategy with an incredibly weak exploitable flatting range.

I would also flat the 4b in this particular situation.

Old
Mon Jan 27, 2014, 09:40 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Our default strategy should be to opt for a linear 3betting range with no flatting range against a button steal.
180bb's deep I don't think this is ideal... if we have a linear 3b range and no flatting range, we are going to either be 3-betting way too frequently, or allowing the button to succeed with his steals too frequently. I prefer to have a condensed flatting range on this depth of money, and once history develops we can mix in some of the bottom of our value 3b range to our flatting range, and some of the top of our flatting hands into our 3b range to make it more linear and blended.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com