Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Stats analysis.

Old
Stats analysis. - Sun Jan 26, 2014, 05:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2014
Hey,

After speaking to a few people on the online training, they asked me to post up my stats to see where I am going wrong, so here is what I've pulled from HM2.

Any advice from any levels of play will be really appreciated.

"Game Type","Total Hands","Net Won USD","bb/100","VPIP","PFR","3Bet","WTSD%","W$SD%","Agg","Ag g%"
"$0.02/$0.05 NL Fast Holdem","220","$-5.43","-49.36","24.30","13.55","2.56","34.15","35.71","1.4 6","39.77"

"$0.01/$0.02 NL Fast Holdem","5567","$-31.63","-28.41","22.57","15.40","4.39","37.33","46.15","1.5 1","37.26"

"$0.01/$0.02 NL
Holdem","569","$-7.94","-69.77","22.94","15.41","2.92","30.33","48.65","1.3 2","24.40"

Not sure if I have put it in correctly, so sorry if I haven't!

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 05:52 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
Got the PM, I'm more of a STT player than a cash stat expert, there is a difference because a players stats should change in a STT as the blinds rise and the player pool thins.

It's hard to make out the way you posted but 6,000 hands is not a big sample.

Can I ask are these 6 max or 9/10 max games?

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 05:56 PM
(#3)
I had a huge hand sample, but I deleted it all as I was fed up of seeing -$200+ on the graph.... so this is my reset and it's showing the exact same thing, and I play the exact same way, which means I'm doing something wrong :/

I play 6max

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 06:24 PM
(#4)
I'm finding it hard to understand the stats, they seem OK but don't tell the full story.

Take a screen grab and post to imageshack.uk or tinypic.com. Stats by position would be more useful.

Can I re-iterate 6,000 is next to nothing as a sample and variance happens.

Here are my stats for this year in STTs on Pokerstars by position (if Arty could comment)

Notice there is a progression from being tightest in early position and loosest in late position (close or on the button)? Most of my chips won are in position so that for a cash player should be where you are winning yours.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 06:26 PM
(#5)
These are my stas for another poker site, not Pokerstars but my Pokerstars stats should be similar.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 06:35 PM
(#6)
Here are my stats for SNG's this year.

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 06:37 PM
(#7)
And here they are for cash games, Like I say I did reset them which I am now regretting, but losing $200+ in 2NL and 5NL is embarrassing. Makes you want to cry haha

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 06:49 PM
(#8)
I've just spotted a leak of my own and also got a good nugget from the PSO live chat so it's been a productive evening

Looking at your SnG stats, you have an inkling of position but you need to be more aggressive on the button/ cut off. I really think your sample is too small, you seem to be OK but I'd filter hands by position and see where I'm spewing chips. You could be limping ATs for instance middle position and spewing chips.

Really need a bigger sample and hopefully Arty will comment in this thread as I think he knows his numbers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 06:55 PM
(#9)
Thanks for your comments Ovalman, I really shouldn't of reset my stats. I'l try and find a backup maybe?

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 07:21 PM
(#10)
Position is so key in poker but it doesn't seem important for most.

If your losing at cash then concentrate on SnGs. You don't need to be an all rounder to make the game pay although it helps if you've an understanding of all variants.

Try and lose less in the blinds and win more in position. Of course you can't help flips AK v 22 but you can lose less by plugging leaks you may make. Look at hands from various positions and ask your self could you have played them differently.

You can ask Stars for all your hand histories (I've never done this) which will get all your stats back.

I'm pretty vague in my answers as I can't spot anything major but I hope I've helped somewhat.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 27, 2014, 12:46 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
Here are my stats for this year in STTs on Pokerstars by position (if Arty could comment)
Looks pretty standard. WTSD is on the high side, but it's not a major problem as you're still winning at showdown slightly more than 50% of the time. If you can fold some more marginal hands slightly earlier on (like on the flop, or by not barrelling the turn when you have air) then overall profits should go up, but your winrate is great already.
For a deeper leak-finding analysis I'd need to look at post-flop stats like c-bet and fold to c-bet etc.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 27, 2014, 12:56 PM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJCUPP View Post
Here are my stats for SNG's this year.
These are fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJCUPP View Post
And here they are for cash games.
These are not so good.

The gap between VPIP and PFR is a little large. You're calling pre-flop too often when you should be folding or 3-betting. Positional stats aren't shown, but you're probably playing too loosely in the blinds.
The most obvious leak is the WTSD. Anything above 30% in cashgames indicates calling station tendencies. 37% is way too high, so it's no surprise that you have the best hand at showdown less than half the time. Your low AF of 1.5 shows you're doing too much calling, instead of betting, raising or folding.
There's a simple fix for this: FOLD more often! In Zoom games in particular, villains aren't bluffing very often. Indeed, they often have the nuts if they put a lot of money in the pot. Do not be a payoff wizard. Don't chase draws beyond the turn, and fold your marginal hands (like one pair) if you're getting a lot of heat.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com