Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

AQo, board double pairs on river, good call?

Old
AQo, board double pairs on river, good call? - Sun Jan 26, 2014, 07:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q of hearts A of spades
Hero raises to $0.12, MP folds, CO calls $0.12, BTN raises to $0.28, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.16, CO calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.90) T of clubs 5 of clubs T of spades (3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.90) K of spades (3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

River: ($0.90) K of diamonds (3 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.86, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.86

I have no stats on the other players, was playing hudless.

The way the hand played, I didn't think he had a T or a K, he would surely have bet either a K or a T on the flop or turn.

On the river, it looks like he is trying to steal the pot, because no-one else has contested it on flop or turn. I felt that I was at worst splitting the pot here.

Thoughts on how I played the hand?

Fold pre?

Fold river?

Old
Sun Jan 26, 2014, 08:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi bhoy,

Fold preflop OOP with AQo, especially multi-way... pretty sure you can not play this spot profitably without any reads at all.

Don't think we can rule out a slow played T, 55, or K so easily without reads tbh, it's multi-way and he's OOP vs. the preflop 3-bettor. KQ might check the turn planning to c/c (fearing AK), then bet the river.

It could be a bluff. It's probably not worth it to find out for a full put sized bet into 3 players, one of whom rates to have an ace and feel inclined to look him up.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com