Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Sunday storm shove from B

Old
Sunday storm shove from B - Mon Jan 27, 2014, 09:01 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013

Just around 1k players left. I think I made the right play, but not 100% sure and what you guys think about his call? No reads on the villains left to act, just sat down at new table.

Old
Mon Jan 27, 2014, 09:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAmigo77 View Post
Just around 1k players left. I think I made the right play, but not 100% sure and what you guys think about his call? No reads on the villains left to act, just sat down at new table.
Hi there PokerAmigo77,

With around 1000 players left in the Sunday Storm players are already well into the prize money so play loosens up a bit.

With roughly 13 big blinds left (taking antes into consideration) your shove here is fine. Your pocket 5's have got good equity, good enough here I think to justify the shove.

As for your opponents call, well if it were me I would probably call too. I've got you covered stack wise and see no reason not to think that your trying to steal my blinds plus QJo has also got good equity here.

I think play by both of you was standard enough in this spot.

Just my thoughts, check back later to see what the Hand Analyzers have to say

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 27, 2014, 10:10 AM
(#3)
Thinking about my shove the same way, but I think I would have shoved over shove from B with KQ to tighten BBs calling range.

Old
Mon Jan 27, 2014, 03:56 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi PokerAmigo77

I like the shove. I feel that with just 14 big blinds it's the only realistic course of action we can take. Folding would be a huuuuge mistake as would raising with the intention of folding or even calling for that matter.

Villains call is ok, with no reads I feel like it's kind of close but it's ok none the less.

Run better next time

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Mon Jan 27, 2014, 04:08 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi PokerAmigo77!

I agree too. I think shoving 55 here is the best play. If I'm the opp, this is right on the border. Personally, I'd muck KQo to a shove and probably KQs as I don't like calling shoves with KQ. If I had AQ or AK, it's a snap-call for me.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 28, 2014, 01:56 AM
(#6)
Thnx for replies

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com